Cruisers Forum

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 21-03-2011, 01:48   #1

Boat: Fountaine Pajot Bahia 46 Maestro
Tahiti to NZ via Tonga

Hi,

We (Lisa and Clyde, married couple), are looking for a sailor(s) with catamaran experience in blue water voyages, to accompany us on a delivery trip from Tahiti to Auckland, with a short stop over in Tonga. We have blue water racing and cruising experience in the Pacific ourselves.
Our vessel is a Fontaine Pajot Bahia 46 ft cruising Cat, very nicely appointed with all the facilities one would expect to see in a true blue water catamaran. We intend leaving Tahiti on, or around, May 1st.2011. We will provide all food etc, and are open to negotiation on other costs.

Life is to be enjoyed, and is too short for opportunities like this to be ignored!

Cheers
Old 24-03-2011, 04:17   #2

Re: Tahiti to NZ via Tonga

To, Dear, Mrs .Lisa and Mr.Clyde

HR ,

Good Day.
I have done a lot of blue-water sailing on large vessels & very much interested in helping you out, if you consider me.
I am Giridhar, an Experienced Merchant Marine Engineer, by profession & qualification, Engineering Watch Officer, Regulation III/1, (Motor), STCW’95 certification, Unlimited’ of the Republic of Liberia, Bureau of Maritime Affairs. Certificate No 830911, Exam Number: 48729 Issued on 1st Oct 2008 at R.L., VIENNA, VA, U.S.
Expiration: 1st Oct 2013.
I hereby apply with you, for the above said post. I am a qualified Mechanical Engineer (Diploma-General) 2002, and experienced Marine Engineer,for class IV/III rank (Motor) ,With Indian CDC.I have been working on short contracts like Delivery/Takeover voyages...,normally on PANAMA Flagged vessels with CEC. I have Watch Keeper’s Certificate for Rating Forming Part of Engine Room Watch also.
I have good experience in Over hauling, Maintenance, & assembling machinery, reading & understanding technical drawings & trouble shooting. I am Drug-Free/NO-Smoke/also no Booze/have no Sea-sickness . I keep a good WATCH on machinery . I have a 'Robust' health, can do hard Work. A little about myself & my interests and my plans. I come from a Respectable Hindu family, Loving, Broad-minded, Jovial; highly Enthusiastic, Honest, Truth/Nature loving. So obviously a Vegetarian/Vegan in my diet for health...
I have a lovely wife & a kid to care, back at home. Will you get me there i.e., taking care of my joining expenses . Requesting an early reply on email. Regards,
S.Giridhar,
Telephone (Landline) International call: in India: +91 8026541015 /Mobile International call: in India: +91 9902544071,
No 418,1st Fl, 18th Main Road,
4th T Block, Jayanagar , Bangalore, Karnataka,INDIA.ZIP:560041 Email:giridhar4e(AT)yahoo DOT com
Old 27-03-2011, 21:07   #3

Boat: Fountaine Pajot Bahia 46 Maestro
Re: Tahiti to NZ via Tonga

Many thanks to those of you who replied both here and by PM. We have found 2x crew from NZ, willing and able to help with delivery. However, we are finding the exact timing of the delivery clashing with a couple of unforseen personal circumstances and cannot be sure of when the delivery will take place. It may just be, that we will do the first stage of the delivery by ourselves, and continue across to Fiji so as not to inconvenience anyone else with our uncertain schedule.

Thanks again
Cheers
Lisa and Clyde

Tags
tahiti, Tonga