Cruisers Forum

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 18-02-2012, 13:04   #1

Tahiti to Galapagos

Hi guys,
Time has come for us to leave Tahiti, we stayed here for 3 months and will be leaving this beautiful island in 2-3 weeks. We are heading to Galapagos and are looking for (unpaid) crew, 1-2 people maybe more.

So lets talk a bit about the crew. we are a married couple.
Dave, the captain and engineer is the one driving the boat, doing all the electrical, technical part of the job. He is very laid back and happy with pretty much everything, (he's from australia)
Jo, is the chef, hostess, deckhand, she does everything that the captain doesn't wanna do...
Likes the job to be done without checking every 2 min, mainly pain in the ass, very straight forward ahahah but if happy with the crew, she's the best. (she is portuguese with a french passport)

What we are looking for : If possible with spanish knowledge as it will be easier for the immigration point of view.
Male or female doesn't matter.
We want an easy going person who can take order/instructions from a girl, need to be able to stand watches for 3 hours at night without falling asleep, happy, bubbly interesting, who can work under pressure and on it's own(sometimes bad weather). Some cleaning and cooking (basic) will be requested.

For more info don't hesitate to contact us joelle_sweetbaby@hotmail.com

Thank you and happy travels

Delete Post Reply
Old 20-02-2012, 15:25   #2

Re: Tahiti to Galapagos

Little change of plan, we'll be doing Tahiti Ecuador (main land) with only a fuel stop in galapagos thanks
Old 24-02-2012, 15:21   #3
mct

Boat: catamaran, 50'

ok .. i’m not potential crew but that’s gonna be an expensive stop - fuel here in galapagos for foreigners is over $5 a gallon - once you’ve checked in - which cost us $550 for two people on an 11-tonne boat, or $820 for four people on a sub-40footer. Ouch. I spose yer also going upcurrent and upwind - hence the fuel stop i spose, heyho..
Old 26-02-2012, 15:33   #4

I can´t help on this trip but once you get to Ecuador shoot me a message! I´m in Peru surfing, trekking in the mountains, and boating in the Amazon. I speak English and Spanish and can provide good energy

Tags
Galapagos, tahiti