Cruisers Forum

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 25-11-2013, 18:45   #1

Boat: Swarbrick 40
Sydney to Port Stevens

I am looking for 1 or 2 people to sail upto Port Stevens from Sydney on or about the 14th Dec.
Its a cruise not a delivery so will be taking a few days to get there and probably visit Broughton Island while there.
I intend bringing the boat back to Sydney by the 24th so there could be return trip as well.
Cheers Jeff
Old 25-11-2013, 22:38   #2

Re: Sydney to Port Stevens

Dear Friend,

Im interested to make this cruise with you. I have a long sailing experience and I live in Sydney. My phone number is 0403 388 463. I can only go one way.

Best Regards,
Old 01-12-2013, 03:15   #3

Boat: Beneteau Oceanis 390 1990 model Seduction of Melbourne

Hi Hoohaa I,m interested in cruising north with you ...I,m an ocean experienced sailor with a 40 ft Beneteau Oceanis moored in Sydney ..your time frame suits me please advise me if you are still looking for crew ...contact me at 0409414293 /
Cheers and best regards Tim
Old 02-12-2013, 01:30   #4

Sir,
I am a yachting, travel and news journalist with 10 days free from the 15th to 25th December - your dates are perfect.

This time last year I was sailing across the Atlantic and wrote it up for Cruising Helmsman magazine - it became a feature article published in June. (Fun with Finns) and I now have an open invitation to submit further articles for publication. In other words, if you're interested I might be able to make you famous.

I would like to take my girlfriend with me. She is not experienced, and while she is tough and doesn't need a lot of comforts she is also three months pregnant -I'll jump on a bathtub sailing for the Southern Ocean but with her to take care of I do need to know a little more.

Happy to share expenses etc.

Please call me on 0415 045 867.

With thanks, Simeon
Old 02-12-2013, 02:03   #5

Hi Simeon.
Great post. Unfortunately the boat is full. Sounds like it would have been a blast.
I am shore I have read your article. Will Google it for another read.
Maybe next time.

Regards Jeff
Old 02-12-2013, 02:13   #6

Boat: Bluewater 420 CC

Hi Hoohaa

As this is my stomping ground (Lake Macquarie based) I would appreciate knowing how successful your finding crew experience was. Do you mind reporting back afterwards on
whether you would look for crew in this manner again and if CF is a good way to find crew for short hop NSW coastal trips??
Old 02-12-2013, 15:16   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sabbatical II View Post
Hi Hoohaa

As this is my stomping ground (Lake Macquarie based) I would appreciate knowing how successful your finding crew experience was. Do you mind reporting back afterwards on
whether you would look for crew in this manner again and if CF is a good way to find crew for short hop NSW coastal trips??
Hi Sabbatical.
I will be more than happy too let you know how things go.
So far the response has been excellent. I have at least 3 additional phone numbers to call on for future trips.

Regards Jeff
PS. It took a while but I finally got my canopy completed. Not as flash as yours but its doing its job. Thanks for your help on that one.

Tags
sydney