Cruisers Forum

Go Back   Cruisers & Sailing Forums > Cruising Business & Commerce > Crew Positions: Wanted & Available > Crew Archives
Cruiser Wiki Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 02-04-2015, 21:51   #1

Talking Super flexible 24yo rookie - Open to almost anything.

Hi folks, my name is Gavin. I've been crewing aboard a 50ft prout 50 for just over 4 months. The captain and I (the only crew) sailed down the Bahamas to Puerto Rico, and now he is getting his boat refitted here. I've only gotten a taste of the sailing life, and would very much like to continue my journey. Unfortunately, the captain's decision has made me have to stop the adventure with him at least, but I would very much like to work aboard another vessel in the near future, as soon as possible actually. This was my first sailing crew job, and this captain will be my only reference in that regard. I normally live in central Florida, and that's where I'm returning to on April 4th.

I am a bisexual, free-thinking guy, so I'd only be interested in working with open-minded folks. I'm easy enough to get a along with, and can keep a cool head in a crisis. I have an engineering background, so I know my way around some of the more complex systems aboard a ship. I am willing to sail/motor pretty much anywhere, as long as the journey is interesting. I will work for just room and board, at the very least.

PM me if you are interested! We can exchange emails there.
Old 06-04-2015, 08:11   #2
2kr

Boat: IP445
Re: Super flexible 24yo rookie - Open to almost anything.

might work...i am open minded...for the most part. I am heading to Tahiti then beyond