Cruisers Forum

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 23-10-2015, 04:46   #1

Subic Bay to Leyte, Philippines

Looking for sailing couple or 1-2 individuals to sail with us from Subic Bay, Philippines to Tacloban City Leyte, or thereabouts. Details are as follows:

About me and my wife:

I am an American, employed part time as an adjunct professor teaching a couple of courses per year, online. I am living aboard our boat with my Pinay wife of 23 years, who has earned 2 yr. college degrees in both the Philippine and US.

I have travelled and sailed rather extensively, but my sailboat experience was many years ago, and, until purchasing my boat last year, I sailed only as a crew member, and never as an owner. My wife has minimal sailing experience, so we have spent the last year learning our new boat.
re-honing our skills, and sailing around Subic Bay, where the boat is currently berthed.

About the boat:

The boat is a 40 foot trimaran, which is somewhat well known in Subic as a very fast boat. It has won the Subic to P.Galera race some 8 times in the multi-hull class, but is rather spartanly configured. It has a forward and aft cabin which have standard double bunks, but which require that one duck under the "wings" to get into. The galley and saloon have 6' or better head room and a settee that converts into a single berth. We have a portable table that we use in the galley way when folks need a platform to eat upon, and there is a small nav station upon which we sit our Asus laptop and the CPN nav system that we run on it.

We use a simple, LPG, one burner stove and have about 60 litres of water storage inboard, with about 4x that stored in the outer hulls in jerry cans. The toilet is very simple and there are no luxurious amenities like AC or hot running water. Water is available in the galley and head using simple foot pumps. "Showers" at sea occur in the cockpit, where we haul aboard
buckets of clean salt water and rinse off with a few. sparing splashes of fresh water. Cockpit showers in Subic are via a garden hose hooked up to a fresh water outlet on the dock.

About the trip - Jan 2-16:

I have developed a rather direct route, which would end us up in either Catbalogan, Samar or in Tacloban City, Leyte where the boat will be berthed until next summer or so. The intended route will by-pass many of the more typical yachting stops like Boracay, visiting lesser known destinations like southern Marinduque, Masbate, and Burius Islands.
The existing plan is to sail with three persons, day sailing only, doing "two on, four off" watches sailing 12 hours daily, usually from about 6am to 6pm, including the time necessary to let go in the am and tie up in the evening. We expect the trip to take a leisurely 14 days, with time to
linger along the way when weather is too taxing or when we find a place that we would like to hole up in for a couple of days. That said, the route is still open for discussion based on the interests and skills of the crew which we take aboard.

We could, for instance, stop at some of the more well known and admired locations which are a bit out of the way if the crew were numerous or experienced enough to help us to make up the time lost. I will need to be somewhere with a solid internet connection, in order to teach a February class, so, while we should have plenty of time to make the trip, there are definate limitations as to how long we can take to do so.

Regarding this last point, perhaps the ideal situation would be to have two experienced crew aboard, so if you have an interested spouse, partner. or friend who would like to make the trip, we would definitely be open to this option.

About you:

Now that you know a bit more about us, the boat, and our potential itinerary, please tell us a bit more about you, and what you think about the details put forward above. Once you write us, it might be best to simply meet in person. We would definitely need you to do a day sail or
weekender with us up in Subic before making a final decision, but, based on what we know about you so far, my wife and I are excited about having you come along for the journey.

Please write soon via private message.

Looking forward to meeting you,

G2L
Old 25-10-2015, 02:00   #2

Boat: Delphia 40.3
Send a message via Skype™ to maartenroelofs73
Re: Subic Bay to Leyte, Philippines

Dear Sir, Miss,

I'm trying to contact you through PM, but personal messages seem disabled on your profile.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gone2long View Post
Looking for sailing couple or 1-2 individuals to sail with us from Subic Bay, Philippines to Tacloban City Leyte, or thereabouts. Details are as follows:

About me and my wife:

I am an American, employed part time as an adjunct professor teaching a couple of courses per year, online. I am living aboard our boat with my Pinay wife of 23 years, who has earned 2 yr. college degrees in both the Philippine and US.

I have travelled and sailed rather extensively, but my sailboat experience was many years ago, and, until purchasing my boat last year, I sailed only as a crew member, and never as an owner. My wife has minimal sailing experience, so we have spent the last year learning our new boat.
re-honing our skills, and sailing around Subic Bay, where the boat is currently berthed.

About the boat:

The boat is a 40 foot trimaran, which is somewhat well known in Subic as a very fast boat. It has won the Subic to P.Galera race some 8 times in the multi-hull class, but is rather spartanly configured. It has a forward and aft cabin which have standard double bunks, but which require that one duck under the "wings" to get into. The galley and saloon have 6' or better head room and a settee that converts into a single berth. We have a portable table that we use in the galley way when folks need a platform to eat upon, and there is a small nav station upon which we sit our Asus laptop and the CPN nav system that we run on it.

We use a simple, LPG, one burner stove and have about 60 litres of water storage inboard, with about 4x that stored in the outer hulls in jerry cans. The toilet is very simple and there are no luxurious amenities like AC or hot running water. Water is available in the galley and head using simple foot pumps. "Showers" at sea occur in the cockpit, where we haul aboard
buckets of clean salt water and rinse off with a few. sparing splashes of fresh water. Cockpit showers in Subic are via a garden hose hooked up to a fresh water outlet on the dock.

About the trip - Jan 2-16:

I have developed a rather direct route, which would end us up in either Catbalogan, Samar or in Tacloban City, Leyte where the boat will be berthed until next summer or so. The intended route will by-pass many of the more typical yachting stops like Boracay, visiting lesser known destinations like southern Marinduque, Masbate, and Burius Islands.
The existing plan is to sail with three persons, day sailing only, doing "two on, four off" watches sailing 12 hours daily, usually from about 6am to 6pm, including the time necessary to let go in the am and tie up in the evening. We expect the trip to take a leisurely 14 days, with time to
linger along the way when weather is too taxing or when we find a place that we would like to hole up in for a couple of days. That said, the route is still open for discussion based on the interests and skills of the crew which we take aboard.

We could, for instance, stop at some of the more well known and admired locations which are a bit out of the way if the crew were numerous or experienced enough to help us to make up the time lost. I will need to be somewhere with a solid internet connection, in order to teach a February class, so, while we should have plenty of time to make the trip, there are definate limitations as to how long we can take to do so.

Regarding this last point, perhaps the ideal situation would be to have two experienced crew aboard, so if you have an interested spouse, partner. or friend who would like to make the trip, we would definitely be open to this option.

About you:

Now that you know a bit more about us, the boat, and our potential itinerary, please tell us a bit more about you, and what you think about the details put forward above. Once you write us, it might be best to simply meet in person. We would definitely need you to do a day sail or
weekender with us up in Subic before making a final decision, but, based on what we know about you so far, my wife and I are excited about having you come along for the journey.

Please write soon via private message.

Looking forward to meeting you,

G2L
Old 30-10-2015, 23:10   #3
Marine Service Provider

Cruisers Forum Supporter

Boat: 40ft Alloy Centre Board
Send a message via Skype™ to nixontankgirl

Hi, I also tried to PM you but the option was unavailable.
Just briefly, I have experience on fast multi hulls, I have sailed to Tacloban twice, my partner is filipina and has done a few thousand miles, and I am available. PM for more info.
Old 01-11-2015, 15:19   #4

Hallo mr/ms..

I interested for be a part your adventure,..

About myself : im hardworker,,honesty and responsible..i'm 27yrs old male

By the way i ready anytime everytime..

Cheerrs
Dian aprianto.

Sent from my Lenovo S920 using Tapatalk
Old 03-11-2015, 05:27   #5
Senior Cruiser

Cruisers Forum Supporter

Boat: (Cruiser Living On Dirt)

Gone2Long is having difficulties with his CF account, and is now participating as Gone2Long2.
Cruisers & Sailing Forums - View Profile: gone2long2

Greetings and welcome aboard the CF, Maarten & Dian.

Old 03-11-2015, 15:02   #6

Please email to mazwayan@gmail.com if you still looking for crew ..

Cherrs
Dian aprianto

Old 04-11-2015, 04:49   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by mazwayan View Post
Please email to mazwayan@gmail.com if you still looking for crew ..

Cherrs
Dian aprianto

Hi Dian,

Our account is now back up so we will send you a private message.

Thanks for your responses, and sorry for taking so long to reply.

G2L
Old 04-11-2015, 04:50   #8

Thanks Gord ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by GordMay View Post
Gone2Long is having difficulties with his CF account, and is now participating as Gone2Long2.
Cruisers & Sailing Forums - View Profile: gone2long2

Greetings and welcome aboard the CF, Maarten & Dian.
... for letting folks know the situation and for helping us out.

Regards,

G2L
Old 29-12-2015, 20:28   #9

Have today seen your invite for crew to join you on your planned Voyage.
I'm here in Cebu for next couple months with my Pinay Wife. I am English have Yacht master Offshore Cert . . ( Shorebased) , had my own Tiki 21 Catamaran ( wish she were here ) . Not a great deal of experience of late but have crewed 40,' Oro Cat plus few Monohull. . And Dinghies . . Started off working life in the RN , Worked deep sea trawlers ,have well out of date Profor Diving Cert .. am 65 . In good health ( fingers crossed)
My Wife has no Sailing Experience so is bit of an unknown ?. . Speaks good English and fluent Japanese. .
Although realise too late for your consideration to join you for this trip maybe you might do so in the future ?
We wish you a safe and enjoyable adventure
John and Olga
Old 29-12-2015, 20:32   #10

I'm here in Cebu for next couple months with my Pinay Wife. I am English have Yacht master Offshore Cert . . ( Shorebased) , had my own Tiki 21 Catamaran ( wish she were here ) . Not a great deal of experience of late but have crewed 40,' Oro Cat plus few Monohull. . And Dinghies . . Started off working life in the RN , Worked deep sea trawlers ,have well out of date Pro - Diving Cert .. am 65 . In good health ( fingers crossed)
My Wife has no Sailing Experience so is bit of an unknown ?. . Speaks good English and fluent Japanese. .
Although realise too late for your consideration to join you for this trip, maybe you might do so in the future ?
John and Olga
Old 31-12-2015, 04:25   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluerecife View Post
I'm here in Cebu for next couple months with my Pinay Wife. I am English have Yacht master Offshore Cert . . ( Shorebased) , had my own Tiki 21 Catamaran ( wish she were here ) . Not a great deal of experience of late but have crewed 40,' Oro Cat plus few Monohull. . And Dinghies . . Started off working life in the RN , Worked deep sea trawlers ,have well out of date Pro - Diving Cert .. am 65 . In good health ( fingers crossed)
Although realise too late for your consideration to join you for this trip, maybe you might do so in the future ?
John and Olga
Thanks for your note. Definitely interested in meeting you and the wife, and perhaps sailing together some time in the not-so-distant future. Talk to us more via a private message, as to what is going on with you guys down in Cebu. Why are you there, what do you know about Port Carmen, would you be able to join us in Catbalogan, etc., etc.

Nice to make your acquaintance, and "Happy New Year" to you and yours.

G2L
Old 31-12-2015, 18:20   #12

Sent you PM but your "tank^ is full . . Cheers
Old 31-12-2015, 23:31   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluerecife View Post
Sent you PM but your "tank^ is full . . Cheers
I emptied (deleted) a couple and was able to respond.

Will empty and write more later : )

G2L

Tags
Philippines