Cruisers Forum

Join CruisersForum Today

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 29-11-2012, 08:52   #1

Stranded In Florida

Hi everyone - my name is Barry,53 years young recently retired (mechanical trades/engineering background) canadian,right now in Ft.Lauderdale. came down here from the Toronto area to help a friend (after the purchase of a 46' catamaran) to help equip the boat & sail with him & 2 others for 4-6months. unfortunately, the sale isn't going through for a number of months & i am sitting here with no boat to sail on. i am an easygoing guy,responsible,good sense of humor(in my humble opinion) who has no problem with getting to any boat & contributing to expenses regardless of location providing the right opportunity.
Important note: i am at best a novice/intermediate sailor - completed CYA 6 week sailing course & for the most part day sailing with limited cat experience on the canadian great lakes. anyone out there need help with crew, willing to take a chance & rescue me from the purgatory of Ft.Lauderdale motel life. i love adventure

Barry Medwid
Old 30-11-2012, 06:26   #2

Boat: O Day Center Cockpit 37ft
Send a message via Yahoo to CapN_Jim
Re: Stranded In Florida

I recently (September 1st) purchased a 37 Oday and have single-sailed from Port St Lucie across Florida thru Lake Okeechobee rounded Ft Meyers and am currently moored in Key West.
I wouldn't mind taking on crew for a while, who can share duties and expenses....
I have no real destination at this time, other than bumming around the tropics.

Jim

Tags
florida