Cruisers Forum

Join CruisersForum Today

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 24-10-2015, 05:26   #1

Stcw,eng1 looking for job/volunteer around Gib

Hello there fellow sailers!
I'm Martin ,a happy outgoing social swede that recently traveled to Gibraltar to do the stcw 95 course . (Finishes 5 November)

Since I finished school I have been working at Meson AB. The Meson Group is one of the leading suppliers of valves, valve-systems and services with high-technology content to companies in the marine industry.

I have a great appreciation and sense of adventure, which translates into my desire to be part of the marine industry. I’ve been exposed to unfamiliar environments and learnt to thrive and adjust under pressure. I believe a high level of flexibility and communication skills has made me a well-rounded and ambitious person who would fit in well here.

Meanwhile I'm down here I would like to gain more experience within the boat industry ! Therefore I'm willing to work/help/volunteer for free in exchange for your wisdom, expertise.( I will be here throughout November)

My hope is to get more miles off shore ,and experience. My dream is to sail from Med to Caribbean , preferably crossing as a crew member. But im willing to work and pay some of the expenses on the boat .

I have a professional resumé and lot of skills that could make me that valuable member of you team!

If you are heading this way and need any kind of help please contact me through my email or here, you will likely to see me down in the marinas of Gibraltar

I am looking for my 1st*role within the Super Yacht industry, the position I am after is entry-level deckhand.

My long term goal is to become involved in the marine industry. After gaining expertise within the yacht industry I will continue with courses and work hard to climb the ladder.

I’ve grown up living by the sea and have travelled to many different coasts around the world to gain expertise of the different coastal environments. I am very excited about the prospect of working in this industry.

I am a very goal orientated, efficient and determined worker. I will always strive to do what is required of me and if possible, will do more. These experiences in addition to my qualifications have enhanced my skills in public speaking, communicating with a wide range of people, organising and taking responsibility for work. I believe that I have the potential to be a valuable member to your team and would warmly welcome the opportunity for an interview.

Best regards//
Martin Agnvall

Please send me a PM for my email address

Old 24-10-2015, 06:10   #2
Moderator Emeritus

Cruisers Forum Supporter

Boat: 48 Wauquiez Pilot Saloon-C22 Chrysler Sunpiper- 19 Potter-Preparing to cruise w/my girl
Re: Stcw,eng1 looking for job/volunteer around Gib

Welcome to CF Martin !

Mai Tai's fix everything...
Old 24-10-2015, 06:21   #3

Thanks , took me a while to find a good active forum. I now hope for some replies

Would be the best Christmas present ever to cross over to the western world!
Old 24-10-2015, 06:24   #4
Moderator Emeritus

Cruisers Forum Supporter

Boat: 48 Wauquiez Pilot Saloon-C22 Chrysler Sunpiper- 19 Potter-Preparing to cruise w/my girl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Martinagnvall View Post
Thanks , took me a while to find a good active forum. I now hope for some replies

Definitely very active here... You should have no problems finding something with persistence...

Mai Tai's fix everything...
Old 24-10-2015, 09:15   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Martinagnvall View Post

Hi
we have a Bordeaux 60 which will be sailing from Mallorca to the caribbean starting in about 3 weeks. there is a possibility on board her.
my email address is epbeck@me.com
send me a message as soon as you can
Philip