Cruisers Forum

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 16-05-2016, 15:39   #1

St. Michaels, MD. to Port Huron, MI.

Looking for a couple of perhaps college students or retired people that know how to sail, has the time and wants to make a little extra money. I have a 36ft. C&C sailboat I bought in Maryland and need to get it to Michigan. Just thought I would try this and see what kind of response I get, I have until this weekend to make a decision about shipping or hiring someone to deliver it to me. I can not take that much time off work at this time. If there is someone but can't go as far as Port Huron, MI we can work out taking as far as you can preferably some where in Ohio possibly. If this looks interesting to you send me an email to robroyjohnson1@gmail.com.
Thank you
Captain Rob Roy
Old 16-05-2016, 19:24   #2

Boat: 19' Lightning
Re: St. Michaels, MD. to Port Huron, MI.

Pay? Did I heah pay? Well, if that's the case, I might be interested. I'm thinking that the boat could be sailed up the Chessie, ovah to the C&D and from theyah down to Cape May and offshoah to NYC. Then up the Hudson to Albany, west on the Erie Canal to Buffalo then across the Lakes to MI. I can probably get her to Albany, then you should be able to find crew to take her home. If I get her to Buffalo, can you find the time foah the last leg? But them again, trucking her may be more cost effective.

Sent from my iPhone using Cruisers Sailing Forum
Old 17-05-2016, 06:18   #3

This would be a great trip if you wanted to do it yourself. However, over 1000 miles mostly through restricted waterways and canals. Un-stepping and re-stepping the mast for the Erie Canal. This will take well over a month. Fuel, wear and tear, marina fees, inevitable repairs (say old boat three times) and liability. Better to truck it.
Old 17-05-2016, 08:57   #4

Boat: Sail any boats from 28 to 60 ft

If you have already committed to have this boat, this would be no brainer. Truck it.
Old 17-05-2016, 10:43   #5

Boat: islandpacket

Check your messages