Cruisers Forum

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 17-12-2009, 05:33   #1

Boat: 1981 Pearson 424
St Maarten & Leeward Islands

I am looking for 1 or 2 people who would like to crew on a 42' ketch. I am presently anchored in St. Maarten. After Jan 1st, I would like to travel to the rest of the Leeward Islands - maybe further if time allows. I have all of Jan and Feb to do this before I need to be back in St. Martin.
Plans are pretty open on where to go and how long to stay in each place.
Looking for crew who have some sailing experience. I can teach you the rest.
You would have to share the cost of food on board. Shore side expenses and alcohol are up to you. No alcohol underway.
You would have to get yourself to and from the boat.
Willing to work with you on scheduling, could be a few weeks or a month.
I am a 57 year old male in good health. I have a CG Master's Ticket (50T inland) and have 25+ years of Great Lakes sailing experience.
Bio and a picture would be helpful.
Private messages only
alan
Old 17-12-2009, 07:23   #2

Boat: 58 Taswell AS
I'm in St. Maarten, too. I have a friend in Antigua for the Winter who may be interested. He crews with us on our passages back and forth to the states. Contact him at capt(underline)joe(underline)k@hotmail.com. Tell him speciald referred you. He is about 60 years old.
Old 17-12-2009, 13:40   #3

Hello! My good friend and I are sailin from St Thomas to Antigua in the first week of Jan... to arrive mid-late in the month. If you're still looking for crew at the end of January, please think of us! He's much saltier than I, having grown up on an island off the coast of Rockland, Maine... but I have been crewing on smaller friendship sloops in the Mount Desert Island area for 2 years now.

Keep us in mind! We're a both jolly, mid twenties, able bodied... just lookin for opportunities to be on boats as much as possible down there.
Old 20-12-2009, 05:55   #4

Boat: 1981 Pearson 424
SPECIALd - Where are you in St Maarten? I am anchored over on the french side near the airport?
alan
Old 20-12-2009, 06:11   #5

Boat: 58 Taswell AS
I'm in Captain Oliver's marina i Oyster pond. We have a slip for the season.
Old 11-01-2010, 14:11   #6

Hi Alan,

Are you still looking for crew? My husband and I are in St. Thomas now for a few weeks looking for crewing positions (shared expenses, etc.). I crewed for a season down here a while back and he loves to sail, too. We're hard workers, and are easygoing, flexible. If you're still looking, we'll send a profile.

Thanks,
Kristen
Old 13-01-2010, 14:38   #7

Location: I am currently in Baja sailing out of the National Outdoor Leadership School (NOLS) base in coyote bay near Mulege but spend my time teaching leadership through climbing and mountaineering courses
Hello Alan

I have until the end of march to sail and am looking for the right combination of boat and other sailors to sail with. I have been sailing in Baja for the past two months and am now looking forward to my time in the caribbean, let me know if you still need crew!

thanks,

Seth
Old 20-01-2010, 18:37   #8

aloha, alan
my name is capt. larry, i currently hold a 100ton lic. and my girlfriend is a great first mate. were in puerto rico now but love to chat about your plains of traveling around. we are very intrested. please contact us at 661-301-1563 or longboardlarry@yahoo.com . mahalo capt larry
Old 22-02-2010, 11:54   #9

Unabated-
what is your plan after returning to St Maarten? i am going to be in PR in mid-late April, and need to get to St Maarten by early May. If nothing else, I'll just ask around at the marinas when I'm in PR, but thought I'd ask around here first...

Joe

Tags
leeward islands, St Martin