Cruisers Forum

Go Back   Cruisers & Sailing Forums > Cruising Business & Commerce > Crew Positions: Wanted & Available > Crew Archives
Cruiser Wiki Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 05-02-2012, 20:49   #1

Boat: Glander Cay 23
Some Experience - Looking for Trans-Atlantic Passage

I am a 23 year-old male. I have been sailing for 7 years on Lake Michigan with Sea Scouts, both as a scout and as an instructor. I bought and fixed up a Bristol 24 in hopes of sailing across to Europe in the summer, but decided to sell it to pay for school. I've done a few overnight distance races on a C&C 33 and a Hobie 33, and a couple overnight cruises with friends on my own boat. I was living aboard my boat for the summer and took it out sailing as often as I could, even without a working motor. I know my way around a boat, but am always willing and eager to learn more.
I am still hoping to sail across the Atlantic this summer, but I think it'd be good to get more experience as a crew. I am pretty easy going and can get along with anyone. I'm clean cut and fairly athletic, so I won't take up much room, and I can take orders well. I also have no problem taking initiative if there's a problem that needs sorting out.
If you or anyone you know is looking for a crew across to Ireland, England or Wales anytime after mid-april, please let me know.