Cruisers Forum

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 04-09-2010, 17:37   #1

Solomons to Philippines

From Gizo to Cebu. Around Nov this year. You Have to be able to go on short notice. I need to check the boat out in late October before making commitments. Its a Seamaster 46 sloop rig center cockpit and two helms. Has dive compressor, bow thruster, sonar, ssb, radar etc. It would be best If you are from Australia, then your close. Plan on doing one remote dive off of Manus Island. It will be a long haul. PNG is a bit too risky for me to explore. One stop will be in Rabaul for fuel and stores. Fair Winds--Ward
Old 04-09-2010, 21:40   #2

I am interested. My resume is on this site. Based in Atlanta.
I am sailing Maine to St. Martin Nov1 in a cat, should be free by the 16th or so.
Bruce
Old 05-09-2010, 07:57   #3

Hi Bruce-lot of paperwork even to get crew into the Solomons on a one way ticket. On find a crew my #is57389. Aussies have an advisory corp to help the officials there initials RAMSEY. If you were an Aussie and we made commitments that would make life easier. I cant explain to people how remote and backward where the boat is. The heat and flies are extreme. -----Ward
Old 18-09-2010, 15:48   #4

Hi, I am interested. I am an Ozzie. What type of sailing are you doing? I am keen on relaxed trip. Have abouta month experience aboart a 35foot cat and a 30foot sloop.
I can leave short notice. I already have a ticked to Malaysia booked for the 24th of October so can move from there.
Old 13-11-2010, 08:56   #5

Boat: DUFOUR 12000 CT - 45' - SANS SOUCI
Would you be willing to stop on Stirling Island/Mono on your way to Rabaul?
Old 15-11-2010, 09:30   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by ward View Post
From Gizo to Cebu. Around Nov this year. You Have to be able to go on short notice. I need to check the boat out in late October before making commitments. Its a Seamaster 46 sloop rig center cockpit and two helms. Has dive compressor, bow thruster, sonar, ssb, radar etc. It would be best If you are from Australia, then your close. Plan on doing one remote dive off of Manus Island. It will be a long haul. PNG is a bit too risky for me to explore. One stop will be in Rabaul for fuel and stores. Fair Winds--Ward
To, Mr.Ward ,
HR ,

Good Day.
I have done a lot of blue-water sailing on large vessels & very much interested in helping you out, if you consider me.
I am Giridhar, an Experienced Merchant Marine Engineer, by profession & qualification, Engineering Watch Officer, Regulation III/1, (Motor), STCW’95 certification, Unlimited of the Republic of Liberia, Bureau of Maritime Affairs. Certificate No 830911, Exam Number: 48729 Issued on 1st Oct 2008 at R.L., VIENNA, VA, U.S.
Expiration: 1st Oct 2013.
I hereby apply with your esteemed company, for the above said post. I am a qualified Mechanical Engineer (Diploma-General) 2002, and experienced Marine Engineer,for class IV/III rank (Motor) ,With Indian CDC.I have been working on short contracts like Delivery/Takeover voyages...,normally on PANAMA Flagged vessels with CEC. I have Watch Keeper’s Certificate for Rating Forming Part of Engine Room Watch also.
I have good experience in Over hauling, Maintenance, & assembling machinery, reading & understanding technical drawings & trouble shooting. .. Hope you will find my skills useful & provide me an opportunity to serve you... Have keen sense for details, while following standard procedures. Good at trouble-shooting & repairs....
I keep a good WATCH on machinery . I have a 'Robust' health, can do hard Work. A little about myself, my interests and my plans. I come from a Respectable Hindu family, Loving ,Broad-minded, Jovial; highly Enthusiastic, Honest, Truth/Nature loving. So obviously a Vegetarian/Vegan in my diet for health...
I have a lovely wife & a kid to care, back at home. A generous 'PAY' package is appreciated.
Requesting an early reply.
Regards,
S.Giridhar,
Telephone (Landline) International call: in India: +91 8026541015 /Mobile International call: in India: +91 9902544071,
No 418,1st Fl, 18th Main Road,
4th T Block,Jayanagar,Bangalore, Karnataka,INDIA.ZIP:560041 Email:giridhar4eATyahooDOTcom

Tags
Philippines