Cruisers Forum

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 26-02-2013, 05:26   #1

Skipper or Crew

Hello my name is Eric
I first sailed at 9 years old and properly flipped the dinghy on my first solo. The mast stuck in the mud and I was to small to right it and as there where alligators about I thought standing on the hull was the best place for me. I have been in love with sailing ever since.

In the last few years I have been sailing the Andaman Sea on a wooden 27 ton 17 meter (56') gaffed rigged schooner SV Atlanta, working dive safari's and charters. Duties helmsman, deckhand, watch duty, dinghy (taxi driver) and ship maintenance.

A 14.9 meter (49') wooden formosa ketch SV Enisfeld. Duties helmsman, deckhand and watch duty

March 28 I will be skippering a late model 13.7 meter (45') Beneteau from Rebak Marina 6°17'45"N 99°41'53"E to Puteri Harbour Marina 1°25'3"N 103°39'28"E over a 7 day period. The owner wants to return a month later and this trip he want to make over 8-10 weeks, and pass through the Eastern part of Indonesia. Over the top of Kalimantan, over the top of Sulawesi, over to Morotai, and down to Darwin through the Maluku’s. I know it will be a bit late but I am hoping there will be someone who is heading back to Thai or any where really I can join.
Depending on the circumstances I don't expect to get paid my rate but I am not looking to pay either. As the owner is already going to pay my ticket home. But I would much rather be at sea than inside a large aluminum tube unless it is to get to another boat.

Fair winds and great adventures

Tags
crew, skipper