Cruisers Forum

Join CruisersForum Today

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 21-02-2011, 07:44   #1

Sint Maarten to Ft. Lauderdale - April 10, 2011

I am looking for one, or possibly two, Crew. Extensive sailing experience is not required, but a sense of humor, easy disposition and a commitment to staying alert during night watch are requirements. If you are a skilled cook you get extra points.The passage duration will be about 9 days, give or take. Watch shifts are fours hours on and eight hours off. No drugs or drinking... we don't need those problems. I do this to have fun, hopefully that is your priority too. I will provide the food, you help with cooking, cleanup and other tasks to keep our passage orderly.

I will be arriving to St. Maarten from the Canary Islands about April 2, 2011 with plans to re-provision and depart to Ft. Lauderdale around April 10th.
My sailboat is a Nauticat515, heavy displacement blue water pilot house. It is well maintained and very comfortable on extended passages. There is likely no better boat, near it's size, for handling rough weather.
I have been sailing full time since 2001 in the U.S., Bahamas, Caribbean, Mediterranean, crossing the Atlantic in 2008. I have several certifications from the American Sailing Association and a Coast Guard Captains License.
Lets me know if you are available for that time and we will arrange to talk.
Best Regards.

Old 27-02-2011, 20:04   #2

Boat: Endeavour 35
Re: Sint Maarten to Ft. Lauderdale - April 10, 2011

We are taking the winter off from cruising and your journey sounds interesting. Cooking and sailing are passions, semi retired aircraft/marine mechanic.
Cruising Godspeed

Old 08-03-2011, 10:24   #3

Hello I am interested to crew on this trip.
I am a complete newbie to sailing, but you don't seem that you will be put off by that... I have taken lessons in Mexico and Florida and that's the extent !
I like to cook. I have a great sense of humor and play guitar and sing... 50 years young... travelled extensively from Arctic Circle to Cape of Good Hope so lots to talk about, but I am writing a children's book so also can have my nose in the computer...
I am not good around 'know-it-alls' - that would be my only foible as I happen to know everything already, too - hahaha.... if you are still interested write me...
Old 08-03-2011, 11:03   #4

Hello. I am very interested hearing more about your St. Maarten to Ft. Lauderdale trip. I am a novice sailor with mostly coastal/harbor training, but with some open water experience. I'm looking to log some hours with an experienced captain.
I am a young professional, easy going guy looking for a distraction from the every day working world. Happy to help with cooking and other tasks.
Old 08-03-2011, 11:29   #5

Nauticat515,

Once you reach Fort Lauderdale if you need dockage, please let me know. You can PM me for rates and location if interested.
Old 12-03-2011, 11:14   #6

Wink Re: Sint Maarten to Ft. Lauderdale - April 10, 2011

Ahoy From Canada:

Calling up from our Canadian winter and would love to share a bit of sun.
I am a 55 yr. old woman in pretty good shape and know my way around a sailboat.
I am interested in this opportunity. I have been on a sail throughout the Greek Islands in 2005, race during the summer on a 34' CC. My sailing experience is mainly handling the Jenny and Spin. Also cruising in the summer from the kindness of my lovely friends with boats. I still consider myself a novice though, always ready to learn.
This sounds like a fun trip and I am all in for that. I know how to cook and get along with people in small spaces. Team work and laughter go very well together.
Please advise if you still need crew or maybe interested in having me aboard.
Cheers Jan
Old 13-03-2011, 07:56   #7

Send a message via Skype™ to james.SKT

nauticat,

I would rather be on the water than not.... we run kiteboarding charters off Cats in the BVI and Grenadines during the winter but our season is wrapping up. I have a 100ton and I have been running 40-50 cats in the Carib for several years. I can cook, clean and sail. Let me know if you still need some crew and I will confirm that I can commit. I am just looking to see some other areas of the Carib that I haven't had the opportunity to get to. I am sure my business partner would be available if you need two...both of us are easy going and love to be on the water!

best,

James

sapphirekitetours.com
skype james.skt