Cruisers Forum

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 19-01-2016, 13:16   #1

Boat: Tarton TOCK, 41'
Single White Female seeking ADVENTURE

Experienced small sailboat sailor looking for BIG adventures. Would like to get paid to crew for any amount of time available. Deckhand/First Mate/Stewardess - will do it all! Experienced in tender driving and Certified Advanced Open Water Diver as well. Very handy, helpful, organized, clean, eager and easy to get along with - however; the Captain is ALWAYS right
Old 19-01-2016, 13:56   #2

Boat: Key West 2020 CC
Re: Single White Female seeking ADVENTURE

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoveySailor View Post
Deckhand/First Mate/Stewardess - will do it all!
Old 19-01-2016, 14:10   #3
Marine Service Provider

Boat: Woods Vardo 34 Cat

You might think, but depending on her "rates" I'm thinking there won't be many takers here. Sure less expensive than Filipino inlaws?
Old 19-01-2016, 20:18   #4

Boat: wanting a cat

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoveySailor View Post
Experienced small sailboat sailor looking for BIG adventures. Would like to get paid to crew for any amount of time available. Deckhand/First Mate/Stewardess - will do it all! Experienced in tender driving and Certified Advanced Open Water Diver as well. Very handy, helpful, organized, clean, eager and easy to get along with - however; the Captain is ALWAYS right
My first post here, I have minimal sailing experience, your comment about the Captain is always right could get you killed. As a professional pilot, I can offer you this advise, don't let an incompetent Captain lead you to the point of no return, as a crewmember, you may need to be assertive if he/she becomes incapacitated. If you have minimal sailing experience I would just say be careful on who you choose to crew with.

I like your enthusiasm, just keep your cards a little closer to your chest...

meatservo
Old 20-01-2016, 08:22   #5

Boat: Hatteras my 63
Send a message via AIM to Mjeinstein

I have need for crew for mid February through approximately mid may. Boat is a 63 hatteras motor yacht. Currently is in the Bahamas and I am crusing, arriving back in baltimore. Generally duties you describe. Please send me a private message if interested. I see you are from baltimore so we can meet for an interview. Usually friends and family on the boat. Some weeks no one on the boat.
Old 20-01-2016, 08:36   #6

Good grief, a dream come true. My only advice is that she should try the various yacht clubs or if she is on the west coast, go to the Latitude 38 crew wanted parties they hold in the Bay area.
Old 20-01-2016, 09:58   #7

Boat: 45 custom steel ketch-Steelin Time

I would be happy to talk to you, I'm not looking to hire crew, but definitely looking for a mate to consider a multi year circumnavigation. I have friends in your area on the coast in Chesapeake beach. You can learn all about me on my website Jon Held's sailboat Steelin Time Jon
Old 20-01-2016, 12:50   #8

Boat: Bieroc 36 foot Ketch

Sorry looking for married intersex of colour

But welcome to CF
Old 20-01-2016, 12:52   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by meatservo View Post
My first post here, I have minimal sailing experience, your comment about the Captain is always right could get you killed. As a professional pilot, I can offer you this advise, don't let an incompetent Captain lead you to the point of no return, as a crewmember, you may need to be assertive if he/she becomes incapacitated. If you have minimal sailing experience I would just say be careful on who you choose to crew with.

meatservo
Well, i wouldnt have you on my boat

But welcome to CF
Old 20-01-2016, 13:05   #10

Boat: Beneteau Oceanis 461

Quote:
Originally Posted by meatservo View Post

meatservo
CPL is it then I doubt you want a know all first officer countermanding 'your commands'

And as the captain is legally the responsible person well they have to have that authority. I thought it was sensible to say the captain is always right.....meaning i take and follow orders well...........that does not mean they are some sort of imbecile who would allow themselves to be put into a dangerous or life threatening situation.

I would have thought an age was important, for sure this was a very upfront first posting.....obviously not a shrinking violet Sadly I am looking for an Adventuress with LOTSACASH and who looks good in a Bikini too
Old 20-01-2016, 13:06   #11

Boat: Catalina 30

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rustic Charm View Post
Sorry looking for married intersex of colour

But welcome to CF
So picky. You didn't even ask for pictures first. She could be the one to change your view on the world, teach you a thing or two, and you didn't even give it a chance.

Instead of colour can we get dimensions?
Old 20-01-2016, 13:13   #12

Boat: wanting a cat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Highland Fling View Post
CPL is it then I doubt you want a know all first officer countermanding 'your commands'

And as the captain is legally the responsible person well they have to have that authority. I thought it was sensible to say the captain is always right.....meaning i take and follow orders well...........that does not mean they are some sort of imbecile who would allow themselves to be put into a dangerous or life threatening situation.

I would have thought an age was important, for sure this was a very upfront first posting.....obviously not a shrinking violet Sadly I am looking for an Adventuress with LOTSACASH and who looks good in a Bikini too
We have so much in common!
Old 20-01-2016, 13:20   #13

Boat: previous - Whitby 42 new - Goldenwave 44

Good luck Lovely Sailor and welcome to CF. You'll need a handy bucket after reading some of the replies and comments you'll get here - it is actually possible to get seasick on land. And, you know that the Captain is not always right but he is always in command. And I too will second the comment on watching out for who you crew with. Interviews should always go both ways, with the understanding that jumping ship is always an option, as required.
Old 20-01-2016, 13:22   #14
S/V rubber ducky

Boat: Hunter 410

Gee cut the OP some slack! Nothing really wrong with her post and there is no reason for it to bring out the creepiness in some people.
Old 20-01-2016, 13:36   #15

Quote:
Originally Posted by sailorboy1 View Post
Gee cut the OP some slack! Nothing really wrong with her post and there is no reason for it to bring out the creepiness in some people.
Oh get off your high horse, we're just being friendly

To the OP, please be aware that it would be unlawful to advertise like you did in Australia if you were looking for crew. Your colour sholud be irrelevant to any civilised sailors.

But, again welcome to CF.

Tags
single