Cruisers Forum

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 20-02-2012, 07:32   #1

Short notice : "crew" available.

Hi All, my girlfriend and I are about to take a long ish vacation somewhere nice. Thailand and the med are on short list. We're a pleasant couple (combined age exceeds 120!). Retired USAF pilot and commercial pilot and teacher. After pricing cruises on large boats with destinations we would like to see, we can't get away from the 3000 peeps + regime. We would rather spend it on a smaller boat, make a few good new friends, have some fun and not call it a charter. Is there anyone that needs comrades? We are good for up to 4 weeks. We could meet up and decide if it fits.

We have been shopping sailboats, hoping to begin sailing the east coast and the Caribbean soon. We will need a bit of tutelage but should be able to cover more than our share of expenses and pull our weight with boat duties.

Nice to be here; enjoying the group.

Dan
Old 20-02-2012, 08:29   #2

Oh, tossdown at gmail dot com. References available of course. Thanks!
Old 14-06-2012, 07:34   #3

Re: Short notice : "crew" available.

Are you available from Key west to Isla Mujeres, Mx., Belize, Rio Dulce, Guatamala. Time frame, NOW. Waiting for weather window.
Wife and I are both 63, retired. From Texas. She decided to fly to Isla from here. Waters to deep for her out there.
We will be snorkeling. Anchoring at islands.
36' Islander sloop.
Let us know
Jack
Old 19-06-2012, 15:16   #4

From Puerto RIco to Colombia in a Venture 33. If interested send me a note. jcsscs at hotmail.com

Departing June 27, 2012

Regards

Karibe

Quote:
Originally Posted by dano098 View Post
Hi All, my girlfriend and I are about to take a long ish vacation somewhere nice. Thailand and the med are on short list. We're a pleasant couple (combined age exceeds 120!). Retired USAF pilot and commercial pilot and teacher. After pricing cruises on large boats with destinations we would like to see, we can't get away from the 3000 peeps + regime. We would rather spend it on a smaller boat, make a few good new friends, have some fun and not call it a charter. Is there anyone that needs comrades? We are good for up to 4 weeks. We could meet up and decide if it fits.

We have been shopping sailboats, hoping to begin sailing the east coast and the Caribbean soon. We will need a bit of tutelage but should be able to cover more than our share of expenses and pull our weight with boat duties.

Nice to be here; enjoying the group.

Dan
Old 20-06-2012, 17:25   #5

Boat: Brewer 44

Sailing from Florida to the Bahamas and back July 14-30.

Message me for more info.
We, the unwilling, led by the unknowning, are doing the impossible for the ungrateful. We have done so much, for so long, with so little, we are now qualified to do anything with nothing. Semper Paratus!