Cruisers Forum

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 16-09-2014, 22:10   #1

Seeking fun, fit, outgoing crew to share in the fun in the Bahamas

I am looking for intelligent, non smoking individuals to join me for an extraordinary season in The Bahamas. The boat, a Hunter Passage 450, is roomy and full of amenities. There will be three to four adults on board. I am not interested in short term crew for specific legs, but rather crew for the entire cruising season or longer. Licensed massage therapists jump to the front of the line as this captain has bulging disks which respond very well to deep tissue trigger point therapy. Costs for food, fuel, entry fees, marinas and moorings will be shared equally. I estimate the fuel expense to be no more than $350 total per month and the only time we would stay in a marina is if we had to or the crew wanted to. We will slowly meander through the Exumas swimming and spear fishing for fresh seafood all along the way. We will leave NC from the Beaufort inlet on or around November 1st. Come join us. Contact me at fantasyescapecruise@gmail.com.
Old 18-09-2014, 13:43   #2

Re: Seeking fun, fit, outgoing crew to share in the fun in the Bahamas

Greetings captain,
On my card, I have " Ole salt sailor adventurist ", In the past 4 years, I have had the pleasure of rekindling my love ,fear relationship with that wonderful woman the sea. I sailed a 30 ft. Lipincott from kent island, maryland How cool it was to drop anchor @ sunset in key west on Christmas eve. did the winter workin crab & lobster boats, was fun interesting & a nice reminder, I can still work my ass off, which made me reconsider why , I was there. Than did a stint on a morgan to Bahamas's with a mate & a new boat buyer, what an adventure that turned out to be. after 3 1/2 days of 65 m.p.h. winds & 20 ft. seas, we had the owner take them helm, for no sleep or food for the 3 days, we were spent. He quickly & most efficiently got relieved after capsizing the vessel. when the electric & motor decided they cared not to work underwater, luckiely a flashlight had just a dim of a glow to hold her due east ,until the sound of the surf, we beached # cape Canaveral, glad as I was to be on land, had I found the beach 3 miles south, I coulda toured the launch pad, or 3 miles north, I could have had the pleasure of the nude beach, but no, I choosed smack in the middle of nowhere, any whoot this past may did a 1400 mile sail on a 50 ft.

ketch which was an epic adventure. So I have about 10,000 miles under sail, about 500,000 under power vessels, from being a navigator in oil research prior to these new fangled dangled gps's. man there nice ,but, im confused by them, & I suck at getting oil under my fingernails. however, I'm as easy to get along with as the stars are beautiful @ night, I have all the time in the world & its about time again to go see it breathe it & enjoyed.

I'll make a hellva third hand for the 3rd mate, can stay at the helm for 12 to 18 when or if required, look forward to hearing from ya ... @ times speak up ...
302-260-2901 ... White Hat
Old 19-09-2014, 04:31   #3

Hey White Hat. Thanks for responding. Sounds like you have done it all and would be a great asset on any boat. My goal is to put together the most cohesive crew complement i can and am getting great responses. You wrote a lot about your experiences and i appreciate that. Can you tell me more about you so i can get a feeling of you personality, needs, concerns, etc. Thank you for your interest.

Kevin
Old 19-09-2014, 11:51   #4

Hey Kevin,
More about meself, here we go. I'm right height size ,usually just under boom an easy duck, 5' 8", right weight about 140 to 145 lbs depending on ice cream availability, left home when I was 15, am honored to be able to say, I have sired a fine human being to walk this earth, 2 years ago beat stage 4 colon cancer, my son he is 30, a friend of his, says " I am the youngest person he knows " So I have celebrated my double 30 B'day, I take that as, it was not needed to be mentioned. I sure don't have the strength I use to, but always bin there when required. I tell my friends, imagine 5 of us, getting in a car to drive to key west 1000 plus miles, we take turns driving going about 5 mph ,cut the roof off of car,& that;s about how much walk room ya socialize in, man I sure am good at doing nothing. I hear the beers calling within land fall, don't drink or drugs when at home at work, so that includes all of sea time ,just me, get me to the dock & that's another story ( be sure to go to tortolla ) enhanced full moons. I smoke cigs. thankful for farting & in my mind tell interesting stories, at the very least , I love to laugh at my own jokes, as per asked, lil bit about meself... as said " as easy to get along with as the stars are beautiful at night.
Old 19-09-2014, 18:07   #5

Will you be exploring all of the towns and sights along the way or not go ashore very often? Can you give more precise expenses per week or month?
Old 02-10-2014, 09:31   #6

Email sent.
Old 13-10-2014, 18:26   #7

windycityxxx = broken ass record
Old 16-10-2014, 12:02   #8

I'm in Florida I will work like a mule for my passage I need to go to Bahamas or back home to St. John

Sent from my iPad using Cruisers Sailing Forum

Tags
Bahamas, crew, fun