Cruisers Forum

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 21-12-2008, 22:03   #1

Seeking Crew Position - Australia - January '09

PS: My profile is empty because I just became a member.

Hi there,

I am looking for a crew position on a sail boat from January 2009 onwards in the region of Australia. I am flexible in terms of dates and destinations. I know my way around a sail boat and have sailing experience. It goes without saying that I will pull my weight on and off-board with chores, cooking, cleaning and overall maintenance. I can even do underwater maintenance as I am a passionate diver and own my own scuba gear. And will pitch in terms with finances for food, fuel, etc.

A brief run-down on my situation and motivations. I recently decided to change my life a bit, which resulted in me selling my Internet company (you may know it – it’s called youtube.com - ☺ I wish) after launching it 5 years ago. Even tough I loved getting up in the morning and going to work, I had the felling that a change of ‘scenery’ would be good for me. I am currently travelling through Australia and just came back from a sailing trip in the Whitsunday Islands. A fantastic trip and an eye-opener in the sense that I remembered how I love sailing. I grew up in a family where we spent our holidays on charted sail boats trough out the world and I owned a small catamaran (dart 18), which my brother and I would take out on the North Sea. (Yes, I am a Dutchmen.) Meaning I have sailing experience and know my way around boats, although I have never done an ocean crossing yet. I’m a 31-year-old educated hard working guy with an open, outgoing and hands-on personality. I don’t get stressed, have a team-player mentality, eager to learn new things / people and always willing to help out others.

So, if you are seeking a crew member who can help out, keep you company, share experiences, I’d really like to hear from you.
Cheers.

Dave Roeloffs
Old 22-12-2008, 03:56   #2
Senior Cruiser

Cruisers Forum Supporter

Boat: (Cruiser Living On Dirt)
Greetings, and WELCOME aboard, Dave.

While PXL may not have been YouTube, I’m certain that founding & running a new company will have been an exciting & enlightening experience.

Hope you enjoy your time on the CruisersForum, and that you meet with suitable sailing opportunities.

Old 22-12-2008, 06:39   #3

Boat: Stevens 47
Dave....if you are interested in sailing from Panama to New Zealand from late Feb through November 2009 then email me at mike(at)rougueprojex(dot)com
I have one position available. see my earlier listing here in the crew wanted section.....

Michael

Tags
crew, sydney, Australia