Cruisers Forum

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 30-07-2008, 09:18   #1

Boat: folkes cc ketch 37 'S/V Breezin Again'
pirate seeking crew for voyage south

I am currently living aboard my 37' steel cc ketch and will need crew or two for voyage from olympia, wa to san fransisco and beyond.....no set dates yet but before the end of october for sure
I do not use the auxillary engine and plan to sail only!! I dont really want it anyway(before all you naysayers get your panties in a bunch, I DO have a dink w/ a 15 horse that works just fine to push it around when needed...I have been preparing since 2003 to leave taking lots of classes and studying as many manuals and books on the subject...dont have much experience on the water but have plenty ofwill to do what it takes(once again if you dont have something constructive to say keep the 'doom on you' comments to yourselves!)
I am a different breed of cat...9i dont beleive sailing has anything to do with how rich you are and how much money you throw at your boat...I am working with an extreme budget and even if I wasnt, then wandering the earth like a seagoing nomad would still be the way I want to do it....
Kira is my dog and quartermaster....she is a rat terrier and is quite friendly.
i would like someone with at least some experience to offset my lack thereof but enthusiasm goes along way with me...share food and fuel expenses...provide your own gear, pfd, harness, etc....no cigarettes onboard
I addition to being a throwback wanting to sail the world the "OLD SCHOOL" way being self sufficient and lacking many modern convenieces, I am also strange.....heavily tattooed, piercings,(I am a professional tattooist and piercer by trade) long dreadlocks are exterior clues that i am odd but i am also quite unusual on the inside as well...so word of warning: if you consider yourself to be normal, a yuppie, or even sane then this might not be the boat for you.....The weirder and stranger you are the more I will sit up and pay attention ...this is my home and my life so i want crew that will be friends and compatriates as well as just deck apes....musical interest/ability is a plus.
Okay then....if everyone hasnt been frightened off, I hope to hear from you soon!
Old 30-07-2008, 22:24   #2

Hi

I've been sailing for quite a while now and though sailors are lovely folks, they are err.. you know - lovely so findind a one like you is a cool thing, cause I've always believed that sailing is for absolutely everybody and you dont actually have to wear white and navy blue sweater to be a sailor. So I wish you lot of luck, do not comment on your engine and hope to meet you one day
Old 01-08-2008, 07:44   #3

Boat: Fastback 43
Hi Capn Nik!
Your offer sounds perfect, but I can't do it this year. I have little cruising experience, so it isn't much of a loss.

Good luck!