Cruisers Forum

Go Back   Cruisers & Sailing Forums > Cruising Business & Commerce > Crew Positions: Wanted & Available > Crew Archives
Cruiser Wiki Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 28-11-2012, 19:53   #1

Seeking 1 Bahamas Crew Member Jan-April

I will be sailing my classic Exuma 44 Island Girl from the Abacos to the Exumas and returning from early Jan to late April. My vessel is a cat schooner sharpie built for the Bahamian Banks. (Originally Reuel Parker's Theresa, covergirl on his Coldmolding book) She is spartan, but a Bahamian sailor's dream, she sails in three feet of water. Objectives will be lots of relaxed sailing, free diving for conch, lobster and spearfishing, exploring by RIB (skiff), kayak and trekking poles, and also flyfishing for bonefish in the flats and jigging for snappers inside the outside reefs from the skiff.. Maybe trolling in the Ocean for mahi mahi and wahoo, who knows? And of course carousing with all the wonderful cruisers, eating well and enjoying the native culture. I am on a budget and I would prefer not to single hand so I am looking for a grownup shipmate with sailing/cruising exerience who can share expenses, knows how to provision, etc... Christians are a plus for me. I am a retired widower and I spend winters in the Bahamas, summers in the Rockies and spring and fall in the deserts. Although my passport says I am 65, people do not believe it. I just returned from bow hunting in very rough terrain in Idaho and harvested both elk and deer. I was told that not many teenagers could have followed me on that one. I have been an adventurer all my life. For me it is all about the amazing outdoors experiences and the people I meet who love to live on the ragged edge of nature. When I was young I fished the Bering Sea in winter, sailed tall ships, ran dive boats and offshore supply vessels, but most of my career was as a financial professional, so I am pretty well versed and easy to get along with. I work out twice a day, so if you are not in shape, please give me the pass on this one.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Bahamas 049.jpg
Views:	369
Size:	375.0 KB
ID:	50426   Click image for larger version

Name:	Bahamas 014.jpg
Views:	250
Size:	416.4 KB
ID:	50427  

Click image for larger version

Name:	Bahamas 042.jpg