Cruisers Forum

Go Back   Cruisers & Sailing Forums > Cruising Business & Commerce > Crew Positions: Wanted & Available > Crew Archives
Cruiser Wiki Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 03-01-2013, 13:58   #1

Boat: Balboa 27
Sea of Cortez any time during Feb, March, or April

I'm going to be spending the months of February, March and April gunkholing around the sea of Cortez on my Balboa 27. Currently planning to singlehand, but open to having some company aboard. It's a small boat, so there's only room for one additional person (you'd be sleeping on the Setee in the Salon). Share food/fuel costs (not much). No fixed itinerary, mostly sailing around, anchoring out in uninhabited coves at night, snorkeling, fishing, reading and generally goofing off.

Harmony is a pretty basic boat (outboard, porta-potty, solar showers on deck), but I've got enough solar panels to run the fridge and keep the beer cold :-)

I don't care if you're male or female, your age, etc, as long as you don't smoke, are pleasant company, and we get along. No duties beyond the normal day-to-day of cruising.

Steve
Old 03-01-2013, 17:05   #2

Re: Sea of Cortez any time during Feb, March, or April

Quote:
Originally Posted by susswein View Post
I'm going to be spending the months of February, March and April gunkholing around the sea of Cortez on my Balboa 27. Currently planning to singlehand, but open to having some company aboard. It's a small boat, so there's only room for one additional person (you'd be sleeping on the Setee in the Salon). Share food/fuel costs (not much). No fixed itinerary, mostly sailing around, anchoring out in uninhabited coves at night, snorkeling, fishing, reading and generally goofing off.

Harmony is a pretty basic boat (outboard, porta-potty, solar showers on deck), but I've got enough solar panels to run the fridge and keep the beer cold :-)

I don't care if you're male or female, your age, etc, as long as you don't smoke, are pleasant company, and we get along. No duties beyond the normal day-to-day of cruising.

Steve
I'm afraid I don't have much to offer during those months. But I am a Canadian teacher looking to crew during March break (9 - 16). I sail in lake Ontario during the summer in a 17 foot sailboat, so I think this could be a good fit, if you are willing to take someone onboard for such a short time.
Old 14-01-2013, 16:40   #3

Ahoy Steve.

I hear the springtime winds can get intense and unpredictable on Cortez, so you'll definitely need some help.

I am basic keelboat and cruising certified, and have experience skippering/crewing boat similar to yours. Indeed, I just did that very thing aboard a catalina 270 on 12/31.

I'm also an avid saltwater fisherman and snorkeler. I was recently laid off work and on paid vacation for next 6 mos, so I'm available anytime to help crew during the timeframe you require.

Just let me know what else you need.

cheers!
Jeff
Old 14-01-2013, 17:56   #4

Steve,
I have been shopping for a 30' to accomplish the exact same thing.
However, I'd rather not have to make the purchase and go solo if I do not have to.
I am in Ventura, Calif
Where are you setting sail from?
If interested, email me at vanssons at gmaildotcom

Even if you have already decided on another, contact me anyway...maybe we can keep an eye out for each other

Happy Sails

Todd
Old 15-01-2013, 21:10   #5

Send a message via Skype™ to Falcontxtxp

Dear Captain

Please Read this letter carefully and attentively...

I have good experience sailing; I lived for 22 year in Miami Beach USA making Key Biscayne and the Atlantic Ocean my playground sailing on a Colgate 26, power boating, fishing and diving. I also participated in few regattas in Key Biscayne competing in a small 4-crew sailing boat wining one competition “it was a stroke of luck :-)”

I am well fit, well-mannered, extremely positive, easy going individual with a ken common sense; moreover I am a highly educated individual... I fluently speak write and read in Russian, Spanish, English and Portuguese with Basic in Italian and French; I have two degree and I am also a Pilot for single engine airplane, a NAUI Scuba Diver with Survival skills in the Forests, Deserts, Mountains and Waters.

I am very interested in buying a boat “OR” buying into a boat "partnership"... Therefore I NEED/DESIRE to be FULL time in a boat for the next year or two in order to acquire more experience necessary to become a true sailor and be able to sail the world... I am ready to do ALL tasks from the smallest to the biggest; any and ALL boat duties to quickly master all tasks needed for sailing.

I am in Auckland New Zealand & available NOW

Respectfully yours,

Karlos Falcon
Phone +64-027-922-21-29
E-mail Falcontxtxp@gmail.com
Skype Falcontxtxp
Gtalk Falcontxtxp

Tags
arc