Cruisers Forum

Join CruisersForum Today

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 19-09-2012, 13:23   #1

Boat: Prout Event 34
Send a message via Skype™ to Aussie_Sequoia
Sea of Cortez

Possible crew position in the Sea of Cortez this winter. Ideally start November 1st with 2 days helping get the boat ready to splash in Guaymas and then a month sailing down to La Paz.

You'd have your own berth with a door that shuts and a cabinet for clothes etc.

Unfortunately there is not enough room for a couple.

Shared food cost and perhaps some fuel is all we require.

We're a young family so the right person is essential. Female would be best but not a strict requirement. Sailing experience not necessary but it would be nice to know if you get sea sick or not.

PM's only please.
Old 22-10-2012, 13:59   #2

Boat: Prout Event 34
Send a message via Skype™ to Aussie_Sequoia
Re: Sea of Cortez

Just a bump here as our departure date approaches fast! We'll be sailing around the Sea of Cortez until March if someone wants to find us later.
Old 30-12-2012, 11:00   #3

Location: Where ever I lay my head is my home. Currently home is in Puerto Cayo, Ecuador
Re: Sea of Cortez

Hi there,

I am a 60 yr young Aussie female who has been crewing/sailing on a Freeport 36 in The Sea since April this year when I ran away from home...took early retirement! I did have some time off for good behavior in summer to go North to Alaska, camping and cruising for a month and stayed on land in Loreto for September. But all up 7 glorious months of sailing from La Paz to San Basilica and back, then over here. Was in Puerto Escondido for Hurricane Paul.

Have been traveling with a great Captain, who like me is very easy going. Which is pretty important in close quarters. I don't have the luxury of my own cabin and have spent this time with a bunk is the salon that I make up day and night, but I do have good storage space and my sense of humor is still intact!

We are presently at El Cid marina in Mazatlan and I am on my way South as I fly back home from Puerto Vallarta in Feb. So unfortunately I would be of no use to you this year. I am emailing as I wondered if you have been foolish enough to venture into the realms of a plan for next year. Will you be still sailing in Mexico then? One idea for me is the San Salvador Rally.

I am coming back for another tour of duty and will start in Calgary, Canada next July whilst visiting friends and doing house sits and hopefully get some sailing in B.C. My plan is to be back down to Mexico around the beginning of October. Missing the summer! All written in sand after Canada. Will keep an eye out for you guys and wish you many happy adventures in the meantime. Nice to know some other Aussies are out there doing it!

Kind Regards,
Cheryl

Tags
sea of cortez