Cruisers Forum

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 11-02-2014, 19:32   #1

Thumbs up SE.Asia to Sri Lanka??!!

Hello sailor!

I am writing to you all with a slightly particular question which I hope somebody out there maybe able help me with?

My name is Allan Dransfield. I am British car designer and have been living in Italy for the past 10years working for Fiat.

I am currently travelling around the world overland working on some film and photography projects.
Eigth months in, I have through Europe and Russia, sailed (hitched rides with cruise ship companies) through Korea, Japan and then onto South East Asia. My journey is about hitch hiking, couch surfing and volunteering to travel around the planet at minimal expense - and document my experiences to share with the world.

The next part of my journey is from Thailand or Malaysia (depending on my potential departure port) to Sri Lanka.

I know commercial voyages for this passage no longer exist and so I am turning to the sailing community for some support in how to tackle this leg of my journey?

Ideally I'd be able to join a crew making this journey and offer a documentation of the voyage (as well as being a highly motivated and useful crew member!). I have no sailing experience but I am we'll travelled, strong and learn quickly!

I have much more information to share, articles I written and had published, media interest so far on my journey and more details about myself to anyone wanting to know more..
(Attached is an article that was published in Japan!)

Any help, suggestions or contacts would be massively appreciated,

Many thanks,

Allan

Tags
Asia