Cruisers Forum

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 11-09-2010, 22:16   #1

Boat: Carter 33
Saturday Racing - Botany Bay, Sydney, Australia

Hi - I have a Carter 33 that I've recently bought and looking for crew for (fairly relaxed) racing most saturday's on Botany Bay, Sydney.

Contact me through this site if you're interested. Huge experience not that necessary as we're all learning - but good personality, reliability and interest are fundamental traits!

Hope to hear from you -

Regards

Fast Forward -
Old 28-10-2010, 19:38   #2

Hi Fastforward

Not sure if you are still looking for crew but if you are I would love to join you.

I am best described as an enthusiastic novice. I have completed Start Yatching, Competent Crew Inshore and Competent Crew Offshore with Eastsail out of Rushcutters Bay. I have also just completed a 6 day sail from Southport to Sydney on a Beneteau 50 as part of a 4 man crew.

I am 57 years old and reasonably fit for my age. I do the gym 3 times a week and do a fair bit of walking. I am a good team player (played rugby until the age of 40) and fit in to most environments.

Cabmerlot
Old 31-10-2010, 03:29   #3

Boat: Carter 33
Hi - sure sounds good. Cn you PM me your contact details and I'll give you a ring.
Old 12-11-2010, 21:31   #4

Hi Fastforward

I sent you a PM.

Did you receive ?
Old 23-11-2010, 04:07   #5

Hi just wondering what time you start and finish? I live in the Hills area (opposite side of the city), also need to get back for my young son at 5.30pm return time. I have grown up with yachts - my family lived on a yacht, so it is kind of in the blood. Raced small boats since I was 7 and won lots of shiny cups and even got an article in the Christchurch times, but rusty now as I sank my last boat somewhere out near cockatoo island when I was 17 (big storm and the hull could not take the pressure of the wind in the sail) and have not sailed since. I have replaced it with an identical boat after my husband departed, but have been frightened of that maiden voyage! I am waiting to do that sink test before I can trust it. So it sits in the back yard - taking up space and killing the grass. Thinking I might take it out on my next birthday. Very keen to get into the yacht scene as I like the social side of it and have the ability to do the rest. Personality - well I am excentric but really happy and fun! Have to admit I am mild ADHD, so do not expect me to be the lazy one who sits there and does nothing.
Old 31-12-2010, 03:54   #6

To, Fast Forward ,
HR ,

Good Day.
I have done a lot of blue-water sailing on large vessels & very much interested in helping you out in 'racing', if you consider me to be in your team.
I am Giridhar, an Experienced Merchant Marine Engineer, by profession & qualification, Engineering Watch Officer, Regulation III/1, (Motor), STCW’95 certification,
Unlimited of the Republic of Liberia, Bureau of Maritime Affairs. Certificate No 830911, Exam Number: 48729 Issued on 1st Oct 2008 at R.L., VIENNA, VA, U.S.
Expiration: 1st Oct 2013.

I hereby apply with your esteemed company, for the above said post. I am a qualified Mechanical Engineer (Diploma-General) 2002, and experienced Marine Engineer,for class IV/III rank (Motor) ,With Indian CDC.I have been working on short contracts like Delivery/Takeover voyages...,normally on PANAMA Flagged vessels with CEC. I have Watch Keeper’s Certificate for Rating Forming Part of Engine Room Watch also.
I have good experience in Over hauling, Maintenance, & assembling machinery, reading & understanding technical drawings & trouble shooting. .. Hope you will find my skills useful & provide me an opportunity to serve you... My C.V. is attached herewith for your kind Consideration. Have keen sense for details, while following standard procedures. Good at trouble-shooting & repairs....
I keep a good WATCH on machinery . I have 'Robust' health, can do hard Work. A little about myself & my interests and my plans. I come from a Respectable Hindu family, Loving, Broad-minded, Jovial; highly Enthusiastic, Honest, Truth/Nature loving. So obviously a Vegetarian/Vegan in my diet for health...
I have a lovely wife & a kid to care, back at home. Requesting an early reply.

Regards,
S.Giridhar,
Telephone (Landline) International call: in India: +91 8026541015 /Mobile International call: in India: +91 9902544071,
No 418,1st Fl, 18th Main Road,
4th T Block, Jayanagar , Bangalore, Karnataka,INDIA.ZIP:560041 Email:giridhar4e@yahoo.com

Tags
Australia, sydney