Cruisers Forum

Go Back   Cruisers & Sailing Forums > Cruising Business & Commerce > Crew Positions: Wanted & Available > Crew Archives
Cruiser Wiki Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 28-01-2014, 12:01   #1

San Francisco Bay Area to... Thailand or ANYWHERE

Hello Captains!

My name is Pete and I am a 28 year old college grad looking to go to sea. I am currently living in the San Francisco Bay Area. I have taken classes at the Cal sailing club and my brother in law owns a 30 foot Cal which I have single handed, but I would still describe myself as green. I have some unique skills to offer. I am a damn good climber so if you need mast work done I am your guy. I can cook well, and I know lots of riddles. I don't need pay but I do need room and board to be covered. If you're interested write me back and let me know where you're headed and include a picture of your boat. Here's my email: jacobspl85@gmail.com

May the wind always be at your back
Old 12-02-2014, 20:41   #2

Re: San Francisco Bay Area to... Thailand or ANYWHERE

Hi Pete,

I'm planning to sail my new 2014 Jeanneau 409 from SF to the San Juan's leaving sometime around August 15. I'm planning to take the offshore route, up and over the pacific high, possibly even over the top/north of Vancouver Island and down the Discovery Passage. Taking the offshore route could take between 9 -12 days or more depending on wind and conditions. That said, the good news is that I'm not planning to bash close hauled against the prevailing wind, waves and current. And I'm definitely not planning to motor up the coast. In short, I'm willing to spend the time needed to steer a course/loop up and over the pacific high to stay on a comfortable broad to beam reach.

If you're interested in some bluewater experience, this trip might be a good fit for you. Since you're in SF, we could go for a couple test sails and get a better idea if you're interested and if we'd work well together.

Please note that this will only be a delivery cruise as I'm staying with friends up in the San Juan's once there.

Does this delivery sound like something you'd be interested in. If so, let me know and I can tell you a bit more about me. For now, I'm a 48 year old native Californian, Sailed in SF bay for the past 10 years and on and off my whole life. Longest and only true bluewater trip was on my sister's boat with her husband as captain from New Zealand to Tahiti. 2 plus weeks across the south pacific. Other than that, not too much bluewater but quite a bit SF bay and some So Cal coastal cruising.

Dan
Old 13-02-2014, 02:05   #3

Re: San Francisco Bay Area to... Thailand or ANYWHERE

Thanks for the offer! I would be interested, but I decided to take a plane to Thailand because I didn't get any responses for a long time. I'll delete the post. When I get back in a few months I could drop you a line if you have any more plans to sail in the near future or just to crew for you around SF.

Tags
san francisco, Thailand