Cruisers Forum

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 18-04-2014, 12:29   #1

Samoa to South Africa

Looking for a long term crew on a 35 ft sloop from Samoa to South Africa via Solomons, Bali, Chagos, Camores. Must be honest and willing to contribute. Contributions will be modest. I have had unfortunate experience with crews and will vet applicants carefully. I am a retired sociologist, educated, articulate and easy going. I'm leaving Tahiti for Samoa now, so there will be at least two weeks delay before I can respond to any replies. Would prefer someone 40 years or over but will look at all applications.
Old 22-04-2014, 12:18   #2

Re: Samoa to South Africa

Hello Sir,
I understand that you are looking for someone of or over the age of 40 but I am just 19. I also understand how outlandish it is for me to contact you in regards to your trip but I am currently a student looking to take time away from school and expose myself to different things. I am well traveled and have sailed for several years. An experience such as this is unlike any other and if you grant me the honor of being on your crew I promise to not let you down. Thank you for your consideration and I look forward to hearing back from you.

Sincerely,
Adam B.
Old 24-04-2014, 20:15   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sandman9 View Post
Looking for a long term crew on a 35 ft sloop from Samoa to South Africa via Solomons, Bali, Chagos, Camores. Must be honest and willing to contribute. Contributions will be modest. I have had unfortunate experience with crews and will vet applicants carefully. I am a retired sociologist, educated, articulate and easy going. I'm leaving Tahiti for Samoa now, so there will be at least two weeks delay before I can respond to any replies. Would prefer someone 40 years or over but will look at all applications.
Dear sir have you got your crew.???? we are 2 friends w more than 35 years exp on the see,,one as a capt the other as a ch eng,,,,,,we have our exp from we come frrom,,,,,,Icelnd and Norvegia,,,,,

if u have a intr to contackt ,,pls do so

Have a nice days
Best regards/

Saevar Sig..

e mail sigsaevar@gmail.com
mob.....+5792537270
Old 13-05-2014, 01:17   #4

Dear Sir,

`I wonder if you are planning to continue your travels after stopping in South Africa? Perhaps to South America?

On the off chance that you are, and would need some crew, I have written a bit about myself below.

My girlfriend and I, together for 3 years, are seeking passage over to South America from Cape Town, where we plan to spend the year 2015 wandering about and working on organic farms in Venezuela, Columbia and Ecuador after passing through Brazil, where I lived for the first 2 years of my life.
Naturally I remember little of that time and wouldn't mind seeing it again!

I have a bit of sailing experience: one atlantic crossing with my parents, who are sailors, when I was 8 (I know, doesn't really count) and more recently, about 4 years ago, I joined the ketch, Sisiutl, on a 7 month cruise from New Zealand to Bali Via Vanuatu, Australia and most of Eastern Indonesia. I am also a qualified chef and currently the owner of a small artisan bakery specializing in wood-fired breads made with stone-ground flour.

My Girlfriend, Anya, has no sailing experience but she is excited for the opportunity. She will be finishing her Bachelor of Arts Degree this year, Majoring in History, Philosophy and English. She has interned for the UN in Geneva and worked in restaurants here in South Africa and overseas. Her food is amazing!

We are both well travelled and broadminded people who, though young and inexperienced on the sea, have a lot to offer.

Thank you for taking the time to read this!

Best regards,

Daniel and Anya

email: cookingdaniel@gmail.com
Old 27-05-2014, 21:53   #5
B J

we are a south African couple (mid 50s ) looking for cruising experience and could join you from Madagascar down only. If you are interested please contact me brucejoyner@hotmail.co.za
Old 29-05-2014, 05:45   #6

Hi there, A friend and I would be interested in joining your trip. We are both easy going young professionals who have taken some time off work to travel and seek adventure. I am a 28 yo environmental advisor from Australia While Jane is a 31 yo school teacher / biologist from the US. We both have some experience on boats, Jane working on fishing boats and a few weeks sailing and me a few weeks sailing plus a comp crew course So let us know if you are still looking for crew.
Cheers Sam
samworrall (at) gmail.com
Old 23-06-2014, 23:47   #7

Thank you for responding!
Unfortunately I have found someone to crew.
Best Regards,
Sandman9

Tags
Africa, Samoa, South Africa