Cruisers Forum

Go Back   Cruisers & Sailing Forums > Cruising Business & Commerce > Crew Positions: Wanted & Available > Crew Archives
Cruiser Wiki Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 17-08-2011, 07:20   #1

Boat: Hinckely, H-49
Sailing from Baltimore to Norfolk / October 12-16, 2011

Looking for two like minded crew members to join us (Captain and first mate) during the Great Chesapeake Bay Schooner Race. Since we are a ketch rig we will not be participating in the race per say but we do plan to be a sponsor of the event, participate in the festivities, and follow the 50+/- schooners on our fall migration south.

Crew will need to arrange their own transportation, be asked to share expenses, and we prefer if you have some sailing and navigation experience. The trip from Baltimore to Norfolk will be a 24hr overnight experience so a willingness to share nightwatch is a must.

Crew will share the forward cabin which sleeps two and be expected to share in all the duties. Everyone is equal on board ... that is until they disagree with the captain
Old 17-08-2011, 17:00   #2

Boat: Island Packet 35
Wife and I are interested....how do we exchange info?
Old 18-08-2011, 13:40   #3

Re: Sailing from Baltimore to Norfolk / October 12-16, 2011

Hi I am 35, male and a relatively experienced sailor- I have a license and a ost of certification but not much bluewater time and would like more- would be happy to help out if you need me
Old 19-08-2011, 06:33   #4

Boat: Fountaine Pajot Eleuthera 60
Re: Sailing from Baltimore to Norfolk / October 12-16, 2011

Two crew available. Chicago based so a trip to the east coast is easy. Will cover all our expenses. We did the Chesapeake last fall on my boat with our wives. We are familiar with the Baltimore and Norfolk areas. As well as the route in between. My boat is in Grenada now and it’s not very convenient to run down there for a couple days sailing. Would love to join you on this trip. We are both ASA 101, 103, 104, 114 certified. Coastal and off shore experienced. Day/night navigation. Mechanical repairs. One of us is a decent cook.

PM me or email m1i2k3e45 at msn dot com

Regards,

Mike
S/V Vivo

Tags
baltimore, sailing