Cruisers Forum

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 22-10-2015, 08:34   #1

Location: Mountains south of Campo. South East of TKT in Baja.
Boat: 45 ft., Leopard
Sailing Friends

I posted under "crew wanted", but I do not think I conveyed what I have in mind. I have a 45 ft. Leopard catamaran (4 cabins with baths) in San Felipe, Baja California, Mexico). I would like to meet a few people (snow birds?) that would enjoy sailing in the Mar de Cortez for short or prolonged cruises. I am 75 years young and semi-retired, so lets say sailing friends for the next 10-15 years. We could call each other and plan the trips. Sailing alone is not much fun and risky, but (mas vale solo que mal acompanado) being in a small space with people that do not qet along is not that great either. Let us see if we can put something together. Have a nice day. Hector
Old 22-10-2015, 14:34   #2

Re: sailing friends

Hi Hector, I and my wife may be just who you are looking for. We love to sail, and have offshore experience with a catamaran (3.5 months). We are retired professionals with a love for life and nature. We like you prefer life as it come without regular enhancements (drugs, alcohol).

I have a bunch of accreditations including AYA 104, Weather, navigation, Radio, and a few others.

Could you PM me I will tell you more about our experience and background.

Thanks

Paul & Marg
Old 22-10-2015, 18:25   #3

Re: Sailing Friends

Hi Hector,

How about having a sailing friend from Singapore? Not a lot of sailing experience but would love to sail with someone who takes life easy. I'm 61 yrs, much younger than you, and last month I sailed in Thailand and in June I chartered a boat at the Marina Del Rey for a day sailing. I try to travel to LA once every year so if you wish to keep in contact I would be happy to have a new sailing friend. And may be next year I could fly out to Mexico from LA to join you sail there. Send me an email at psiow@altomax.com if you think we have a prospect of meeting next year.

Philip
Old 23-10-2015, 10:35   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by psiow View Post
Hi Hector,

How about having a sailing friend from Singapore? Not a lot of sailing experience but would love to sail with someone who takes life easy. I'm 61 yrs, much younger than you, and last month I sailed in Thailand and in June I chartered a boat at the Marina Del Rey for a day sailing. I try to travel to LA once every year so if you wish to keep in contact I would be happy to have a new sailing friend. And may be next year I could fly out to Mexico from LA to join you sail there. Send me an email at psiow@altomax.com if you think we have a prospect of meeting next year.

Philip
You were at Marina del Rey? You were just up the road. I sometimes spend time by San Diego State College. My Ranch is 60 miles southeast in Baja and the boat about 250 miles southeast in San Felipe. I just drive down. Send me a message when you are in the area and we can get together and chat. I am in the process of getting a few friendly people that can get together to sail the Sea of Cortez. Perhaps by the time you are in the area, I will have the group together. Have a nice day. Hector
Old 23-10-2015, 17:20   #5

OK Hector will keep in touch if I'm in LA. Do you have an email that I can write to?
Old 23-10-2015, 17:56   #6

Philip,
Thank you for your interest. Up to now CF will not allow me to post e-mail addresses. Let me try hfuentes1940@gmail.com again.
Old 23-10-2015, 18:07   #7

Hello Hector

Ashley and Forest here! Sounds like big fun!
PM sent
Old 24-10-2015, 11:51   #8

Boat: OPB (Other Peoples Boats)
Send a message via Skype™ to softgoodsint

Great sailing area, I'd say. I've sailed further South on the Pacific side (Puerto Chipas), So I'd be interested in joining for a cruise at some point, say for a week or two. I'm not retired, but have pretty flexible schedule (software geek), live in the US, not far from Denver, have both ASA103 and ICC and need more "on the water days" to complete the ICC certification. Have plenty of "sky miles" to get there & am pretty fit for 64.
Old 25-10-2015, 16:08   #9

Softgoodsint,
Send me a way to contact you. I am getting inquiries from several very interesting people. I will be contacting each in the order that they answer. I will then contact each one to see if they are available and willing to join the group on a specific cruise. I do not wish for the groups to be much larger than 4-5. The catamaran has 4 cabins, but it is only 45 ft. Take care and have a nice day. Hector
Old 25-10-2015, 16:23   #10

Forest and Ashley'
Let me know something of yourselves. Sailing experience, wishes, dreams, expectations. Where are you located? What you do? Availability?
I am putting cruises together in the order that I receive the messages. Then I will fit small groups 4-5 per cruise.
Send me a way of contacting you. Take care and have a nice day. Hector

Tags
sail, sailing