Cruisers Forum

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 25-04-2015, 20:50   #1

Sailing east coast of Australia June 2015

Hi to all adventurers.
I have a 42 ft Crowther catamaran. Sleeps 6 but usually will have 3 or 4 people on board at any one time.
I will be departing Sydney within the first 2 weeks of June - weather dependent. Looking for crew to share experience and usual duties of sailing and expenses. This is not a paid position and will cost each member approximately $40 per day (maybe less). We will be visiting out of the way places mostly and keeping marinas to a minimum. Mostly day sailing but will do a few overnighters depending on crew experience. Activities along the way usually include kayaking, snorkeling, fishing, kitesurfing, spearfishing, paragliding or whatever toys you bring along . Please note that there is no fridge/freezer on board. I rely on fishing and vegetarian meals. Please contact me on sellupandsailaway@gmail.com. Thanks. Plukky
Old 02-05-2015, 15:15   #2

Boat: Clipper Mk II , 17 ft fractional rigged sloop
Re: Sailing east coast of Australia June 2015

lets see ,you want 3 to 4 crew to work your boat. you intend to feed them rabbit food , some fish IF they can catch it . no fridge = no beer wine spirits and you want them to pay you around 160 dollars {maybe less} every day . I think your on to a winner .

I wonder why no one has answered you invites ???
Old 02-05-2015, 17:01   #3

Thanks for your response. It's not a daiquiri trip and not for everyone. It's edgy. I had a couple of other ads but did notice the email in this ad was missing. Thanks for bringing it to my attention. To anyone else reading this please reply to sellupandsailaway@gmail.com thanks again. P

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Cruisers Sailing Forum mobile app
Old 02-05-2015, 17:13   #4

Hi Jimmy. Also I have never had a problem with getting fish crabs crayfish and in some places there are pigs and goats to hunt which are delicious. Although sometimes the weather does conspire against you and there is no meat for a couple of days. Oh well.😢

Old 08-05-2015, 15:42   #5

Boat: CT 56
Send a message via Skype™ to undercutter

Quote:
Originally Posted by HVYJimmy View Post
lets see ,you want 3 to 4 crew to work your boat. you intend to feed them rabbit food , some fish IF they can catch it . no fridge = no beer wine spirits and you want them to pay you around 160 dollars {maybe less} every day . I think your on to a winner .

I wonder why no one has answered you invites ???
Hey Jimmy,

We are presently in Darwin on a CT 56, we have 3 aircons, AC/DC driven fridges and the wife loves to cook so she stocks the boat for an Italian wedding. We wouldn't know what to charge for the travel except to maybe cover their own personal expenses as we lost our paid crew in East Timor due to the bureaucracy of the Australian government and their visa process. The passage from East Timor to Darwin took us a 100hrs (planned 60) and the last 2 days were into fierce east winds with 4-5m seas. It kicked the hell out of the wife and I and another hand or 2 for watch would have been worth their weight in gold.

We are looking to leave Darwin in August and would love to have an experienced couple or single person who has sailed the North and East coast of Australia.

Plukky,

Didn,t think you would mind me scooping your thread as I see that you have started another one.
Old 08-05-2015, 16:44   #6

No problem. Good luck with it. We may see you around.

Tags
Australia, east coast, sail, sailing