Cruisers Forum

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 10-08-2011, 05:27   #1

Sailing Companion Wanted

I'm looking for a companion on a Cheoy Lee 35 out of LA bound for The Sea of Cortez, Panama and then . . ?
I'm 64, fit articulate and easy going. Female preferred but I'll look at all responses.
Old 10-08-2011, 06:08   #2

Boat: Ketch, Hardin 45
Re: Sailing Companion wanted

Find out if she has a sister!?
Old 14-08-2011, 13:41   #3

Re: Sailing Companion wanted

Quote:
Originally Posted by boasun View Post
Find out if she has a sister!?
hey there.. im 29 fluent in english and spanish ,plus understand italian and portuguese ( ex travel agent ) 29 male.. hit me up if you still need a mate,.,. im in honduras at the moment...
Old 15-08-2011, 07:39   #4

Boat: Not mine, just crew.
Re: Sailing Companion Wanted

Wow, the Cheoy Lee is a sweet Lady indeed! I'm in your age group and looking for a sailing companion also, yet no blue water experience.
Interested? blueskyzjonesy at hotmail dot com
Old 15-08-2011, 10:03   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by blueskyzjonesy View Post
Wow, the Cheoy Lee is a sweet Lady indeed! I'm in your age group and looking for a sailing companion also, yet no blue water experience.
Interested? blueskyzjonesy at hotmail dot com
were are you at my friend ? maybe we can work something out
Old 15-08-2011, 14:07   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Solo View Post
I'm looking for a companion on a Cheoy Lee 35 out of LA bound for The Sea of Cortez, Panama and then . . ?
I'm 64, fit articulate and easy going. Female preferred but I'll look at all responses.
ill be a mate .. im close to panama. el salvador to be exact
Old 19-08-2011, 21:27   #7

Boat: Not mine, just crew.

Hummm, Solo, I'll try again. 59 yr old F. slender, athletic, easy going non drink/smoke.drug
valid passport, mostly day races, few 2 dayer's, 4 cruising crewing less than 1 week.
Breath...and have plane fare...
Better info?
Grinnin' Sailoress aka blueskyzjonesy
Old 20-08-2011, 02:12   #8

Boat: Catalina 42 Pacific cruise to Australia

Quote:
Originally Posted by Solo View Post

Looks like we have a convoy of old sailors going that way!

I'm 63 yr old Australian male and will be sailing a beautifully equipped and capable Catalina 42 from California in November down to Mexico then Ecuador before heading out on a South Pacific Odyssey to Galapagos about February. Marquesas by April and island hopping to arrive in Australia about October before cyclone season.

I have cicumnavigated before in the 90's and a Pacific crossing in 2005.

I encourage any prospective crew who wants to learn about sailing, navigation and the general day to day safe handling of a sailboat to consider this wonderful opportunity.
You may be someone curious about the marvellous cruising lifestyle and want to experience it first hand before making up your mind about purchasing your own boat.

Travellers who just want to "hitch a ride" wont be considered!

You will be enthusiastic, of good habits,well mannered, polite and respectful to all onboard, no smoking or drugs. Capable of paying your own way to get to the boat and sharing onboard expenses. ( Please note, French Polynesia requires all onboard to post a bond to the value of an air ticket home to enter, refunded on exit!)

If you just want to cruise one passage i.e. California to Mexico or Ecuador or any other part of the trip that will be considered.
Old 20-08-2011, 02:53   #9
Senior Cruiser

Community Sponsor
Cruisers Forum Supporter

pirate Re: Sailing Companion Wanted

Quote:
Originally Posted by blueskyzjonesy View Post
Hummm, Solo, I'll try again. 59 yr old F. slender, athletic, easy going non drink/smoke.drug
valid passport, mostly day races, few 2 dayer's, 4 cruising crewing less than 1 week.
Breath...and have plane fare...
Better info?
Grinnin' Sailoress aka blueskyzjonesy
Well you tick all my boxes...
if you can add a tolerance for people (me) who do what you don't..... nicotine, alcohol etc....
Your Perfect....

You can't beat a people up (for 75yrs+) and have them say..
"I Love You.. ". Murray Roman.
Yet the 'useful idiots' of the West still dance to the beat of the apartheid drums.
Old 22-08-2011, 16:29   #10
Eternal Member

Boat: CS36T, 36'

Hi,

I'm your age, with my own boat, also looking for a cruising companion. Currently in NC, planning on moving my boat to the Sea of Cortez this winter. Check out my profile. Maybe we could work out some crewing exchange, then if we're compatible, who knows?

Margo

"Time flies like an arrow, fruit flies like a banana." -Groucho Marx
Old 06-10-2011, 09:26   #11

I'm a 52 year old UK female based in Bulgaria. Looking to build some sailing miles and earn some money over the winter period. Can cook trim sails, Pick up a bouy, ropes etc. I'm easy to get on with, well read and educated
I have referances and resume
Look forward to hearing from you Guys !!!!!!!!!!!!!
Best regards Christine
Old 06-10-2011, 09:43   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by christinefritz View Post
I'm a 52 year old UK female based in Bulgaria. Looking to build some sailing miles and earn some money over the winter period. Can cook trim sails, Pick up a bouy, ropes etc. I'm easy to get on with, well read and educated
I have referances and resume
Look forward to hearing from you Guys !!!!!!!!!!!!!
Best regards Christine
do you wanna work in turkey ? if you know saıl
Old 06-10-2011, 10:20   #13

Yes it would be an option as i'ts close by please email me details about the job to christinefritz1*at*msn*dot*com
I look forward to hearing from you best regards Christine
Old 07-12-2011, 16:23   #14

Boat: In between boat ownership

Jamel,

I'm ready, willing and able. A young 63, 6'-2" married father of four grown kids, grew up in South and Central America; traveled and lived worldwide as an architect, real estate developer and chemical manufacturing company owner. Owned a Catalina 37, Columbia 27 and Morgan 45. I do not have much ocean experience and I would like to build a resume before buying another boat for West Coast California sailing. I have plenty of boat maintenance experience. let me know if there is space available at kristoff*at*gemtek*dot*com or ph: 602-315-8368
Old 26-12-2011, 18:06   #15

Hi,

How has your trip been to date?

Married with three children and 2 grandsons, I am 57 and still working but am trying to ease my way out of the rat race. I've booked off work for February, unpaid, and am looking for an opportunity to sail and share expenses. I've owned two keel boats, the latest a Bayfield 25 with my brother, we sail on Lake Ontario in any weather. I don't have any blue water experience.

I love Latin America and commend to you the ports of Varidaro and Havana Cuba, also Bocas del Toro in Panama and Tampico in Mexico. I've studied up my Spanish and practice whenever I can. You'll find I'm handy on a boat. I pulled out and and re-installed our auxiliary diesel for a rebuild. While it was out I fitted it with an alternator and wired it into the boat so we don't need shore power any more. We also fitted an auto-tiller, do you have one?

I like to cook and I don't smoke or take drugs. The way I have fun on a trip is to look for the good in everyone I meet. People everywhere are open and curious about us if I can just slow down and appreciate them. Women can be a challenge if they see you as a 'sugar daddy' so I try to keep things correct (I just returned from a week cycling in Cuba with my brother).

Please let me know if I might fit into your plans. I can certainly cover expenses and can meet you in any port you choose.

Andy Welch
Streetsville, Canada

]Looks like we have a convoy of old sailors going that way!

I'm 63 yr old Australian male and will be sailing a beautifully equipped and capable Catalina 42 from California in November down to Mexico then Ecuador before heading out on a South Pacific Odyssey to Galapagos about February. Marquesas by April and island hopping to arrive in Australia about October before cyclone season.

I have cicumnavigated before in the 90's and a Pacific crossing in 2005.

I encourage any prospective crew who wants to learn about sailing, navigation and the general day to day safe handling of a sailboat to consider this wonderful opportunity.
You may be someone curious about the marvellous cruising lifestyle and want to experience it first hand before making up your mind about purchasing your own boat.

Travellers who just want to "hitch a ride" wont be considered!

You will be enthusiastic, of good habits,well mannered, polite and respectful to all onboard, no smoking or drugs. Capable of paying your own way to get to the boat and sharing onboard expenses. ( Please note, French Polynesia requires all onboard to post a bond to the value of an air ticket home to enter, refunded on exit!)

If you just want to cruise one passage i.e. California to Mexico or Ecuador or any other part of the trip that will be considered.[/QUOTE]

Tags
cruising companion, sailing, wanted