Cruisers Forum

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 03-11-2012, 20:30   #1
Marine Service Provider

Boat: other peoples
Send a message via Skype™ to Loco Gato
Raiatea, Oahu, San Diego

I want to thank everyone who applied for this position. The choices were really very amazing and difficult! This site has some of the best I have seen anywhere.
The crew has been chosen. I stated I would make the decision this month and have. To those that feel dejected or rejected, I have kept your info in a separate file for future deliveries. What swayed me were two things, both were from the West coast and did not need or want return fare to their point of origin. The other was a long time deckhand, that I have used in Hawaiian crossings, became available and the 3rd guy is a climatologist and forecaster! Plus a sailor! I mean, pretty hard to pass up a crew member that is a weather man with his own weather consulting firm, doncha think?
Once again, thank you all and good luck in finding passage wherever you want to go.
Sail Safe
Lynn A. Stokes aka Loco Gato
Eastern Pacific Yacht Delivery Service
Morro Bay,Ca.
Raiatea,Oahu,San Diego
I know this is a tad early but I thought I'd post this now instead of waiting until the last minute, plus it gives me a chance to weed out the....
I am doing a delivery from Raiatea,look it up if you don't know where it is, to Kewalo Basin Harbor in Oahu, same thing, look it up, then to Harbor Island West in San Diego. Leaving around the 15th of 01/13. I need 2 crew besides myself. 1 needs to have some passage experience, the other can be of limited experience. Me, I've been running around the Eastern Pacific, 48n to 170w to 10s to 80w, since 1971. How you get there is up to you but for the right person I may be able to pop for a ticket, everything is provided except your shoreside entertainment. On board I take care of everything and you do have as say in the provisioning. Male or female matters nix. However, and pay close attention here, there WILL be NO drugs of any kind on board except what's in the med kit. If I find drugs, I'll drop your ass on the nearest beach and good luck to ya. No exceptions. Google the route, some small places out there. With that out of the way this is not a dry boat, a couple of beers or a drink with dinner is fine as long it is not before your watch. I'll have gorilla tape and wire ties! if I catch you messed up on watch. Sounds like I'm a hard a** but this is a delivery, not a race and not a cruise. My boats arrive at their destination is as good as shape if not better than when we left. Plus safety 1st is at the top of the list. O.K. with all that out of the way and you are still reading this, Das Boat;
2002 Beneateau 393. She has been in storeage on Raiatea for the past 3 or 4 years. The buyer, current owner and myself are having her cleaned, surveyed, and some minor repairs being done as I type. I'll be going down next month with some replacement electronics and supplies and do some work. The buyer will be going down during Thankgiving to cruise around and also will be bringing down some supplies, the we will go down after the 1st of year and bring some more goodies down and bring her to S.D. Even with the over weight fees the airlines charge, it is safer and cheaper to just pay it and have it on hand than ship. Probably spend a week there checking the boat and provisioning then we have to stop at Bora Bora on the way out, I mean it's only 45 miles from Raiatea so.... and the owners are cool with that, plus we can check out there besides. From there north to Oahu to re-provision and affect any repairs plus sleep, I have a slip there and a good mech/rigger if needed, then off to S.D.. This will be winter from Oahu to S.D. so bring warm clothes or have them shipped to Oahu. Details on that later. Figure 18 to 21 days to Oahu and the same to S.D. depending on the high and weather.
If sounds like something you want/can do, either p/m or post here with any questions.
I like to run a clean and simple boat and have fun along the way, eat well and be as safe as possible. Remember, this boat is someone else's baby and we are entrusted to get their baby home safe and sound.

( I have not spell checked or edited this so don't flame me!!)
Old 03-11-2012, 20:49   #2
Senior Cruiser

Cruisers Forum Supporter

Boat: 63 custom alloy sloop,macwester26,prout snowgoose 37 elite catamaran!
Re: Raiatea, Oahu, San Diego

is this a blog?
perhaps it would be better posted under events than the crew wanted section.

good luck
Old 03-11-2012, 21:00   #3
Marine Service Provider

Boat: other peoples
Send a message via Skype™ to Loco Gato

And why would you say that? I have had over 50 people respond to the ad and I posted that the position was filled, out of curosity to them. Blog? Here? That's over at sailblogs.com
Thanks for your comment though, but my post does belong here unless a moderator says otherwise.
Old 04-11-2012, 04:38   #4
Senior Cruiser

Cruisers Forum Supporter

Boat: 63 custom alloy sloop,macwester26,prout snowgoose 37 elite catamaran!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loco Gato View Post
And why would you say that? I have had over 50 people respond to the ad and I posted that the position was filled, out of curosity to them. Blog? Here? That's over at sailblogs.com
Thanks for your comment though, but my post does belong here unless a moderator says otherwise.
sorry it just seemed a bit misleading!
with no links to the original thread

Tags
oahu