Cruisers Forum

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 01-07-2013, 07:33   #1

Pro Crew/Mate available

Hi. Vernon here. I'm available as crew or mate on a sailing vessel. I'm a South African, have extensive sailing experience. I have quite a lot of heavy weather sailing experience. Have done my fair share of long hauls, eg Cape Town -> Europe. Have good engineering skills, can maintain and fix diesel engines (and just about anything else.), can weld etc. Excellent navigator. Have good boat handling skills in both sail and power. Not a chef but a good cook, and don't mind cooking some or all of the time. I'm used to doing long trips on small boats so I know how to respect privacy and how to let the small stuff fly. Calm and mature person, generally quiet and reserved. Good fisherman as well. I have my STCW, South African < 25 ton commercially endorsed ticket (Sail & power), as well as some basic RYA qualifications day skipper pb2 etc. I have worked as crew, mate and skipper. I have references available on request. Please contact me for any more information. Hope to hear from you soon.
Old 04-07-2013, 19:23   #2

Hi there need to know if you can deliver my boat to Israel solo or you can bring additional crew member, have to fly soon and for health reason can't sail this journey, please contact me about pricing and time frame.
Mishmish860 at gmail dot com
Old 06-10-2013, 04:00   #3

Re: Pro Crew/Mate available

hi let me know if you still avail for a long haul navigation and what rate, gmdh at yahoo