Cruisers Forum
 


Join CruisersForum Today

 
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 11-07-2014, 08:33   #1
Registered User

Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Colorado
Boat: Bruce Roberts Steel Offshore 44
Posts: 46
Potentially 2 deliveries

Hi there,

I have 2 boats in the Bocas del Toro, Panama that I am considering bringing to the US sometimes in the next 3 months.

One is a 44 foot steel Bruce Roberts Offshore that should be delivered to Charleston, SC, the other a 52 foot Kelsall Tango Catamaran to be delivered to Fort Lauderdale.

Please PM me with an estimate of your delivery costs, and/or other terms.

Thanks.

Mike
__________________

mkjhartmann is offline  
Old 11-07-2014, 13:05   #2
Marine Service Provider
 
captainky's Avatar

Join Date: Feb 2014
Posts: 6
Re: Potentially 2 deliveries

Hey Mike, for my delivery services it is $450 a day plus travel expenses. My crew and I are located in Florida. Active Boatworks Inc has enough crew to handle both deliveries. Please contact me for the specifics. Captainky@live.com. Cheers!

Captain Kyle Walker
__________________

captainky is offline  
Old 11-07-2014, 13:07   #3
Marine Service Provider
 
captainky's Avatar

Join Date: Feb 2014
Posts: 6
Re: Potentially 2 deliveries

Captain Kyle Walker
captainky is offline  
Old 11-07-2014, 13:21   #4
Registered User
 
MyTimeNow's Avatar

Join Date: Jul 2014
Location: Big Canoe, Ga
Posts: 2
Re: Potentially 2 deliveries

I do not have enough experience to captain either vessel but would love to crew on either or both for the experience, no charge. I do have my bareboat certification. Please let me know if you are interested.

Chris
MyTimeNow is offline  
Old 11-07-2014, 21:08   #5
Registered User

Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Tortola
Posts: 740
Images: 1
Send a message via Yahoo to bvimatelot Send a message via Skype™ to bvimatelot
Re: Potentially 2 deliveries

Quote:
Originally Posted by mkjhartmann View Post
Hi there,

I have 2 boats in the Bocas del Toro, Panama that I am considering bringing to the US sometimes in the next 3 months.

One is a 44 foot steel Bruce Roberts Offshore that should be delivered to Charleston, SC, the other a 52 foot Kelsall Tango Catamaran to be delivered to Fort Lauderdale.

Please PM me with an estimate of your delivery costs, and/or other terms.

Thanks.

Mike
Hi Mike - I've sent you Private Message - check your in box on this forum!
bvimatelot is offline  
Old 12-07-2014, 04:48   #6
Marine Service Provider

Join Date: Sep 2013
Posts: 49
Re: Potentially 2 deliveries

Hello Mike,

I am a licensed delivery skipper with over 10,000 nm on the Atlantic, Pacific, Med, Carib, Bahamas, ICW, and transatlantic experience.
I regularly perform offshore delivery of high performance sailing yachts and can provide my own crew.
Please contact me at secureyachtdelivery@gmail.com for further info on rates.
Kind Regards,

Matt Dana
SecureDelivery is offline  
Old 12-07-2014, 05:00   #7
Senior Cruiser
 
atoll's Avatar

Cruisers Forum Supporter

Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: gettin naughty on the beach in cornwall
Boat: 63 custom alloy sloop,macwester26,prout snowgoose 37 elite catamaran!
Posts: 10,133
Images: 75
Re: Potentially 2 deliveries

Quote:
Originally Posted by SecureDelivery View Post
Hello Mike,

I am a licensed delivery skipper with over 10,000 nm on the Atlantic, Pacific, Med, Carib, Bahamas, ICW, and transatlantic experience.
I regularly perform offshore delivery of high performance sailing yachts and can provide my own crew.
Please contact me at secureyachtdelivery@gmail.com for further info on rates.
Kind Regards,

Matt Dana
did you not mean,100,000 nautical miles,10,000nm would put you in the amateur,barely experinced bracket.imo
__________________
my catamaran building project updates https://www.cruisersforum.com/forums...ft-103739.html
atoll is online now  
Old 12-07-2014, 07:36   #8
Marine Service Provider

Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Annapolis aka sailing capital of the world
Posts: 536
Re: Potentially 2 deliveries

Why do you go out of your way to belittle this fellow? To argue that somehow 10,000 sea miles is "amateur, barely experienced"??? That's just petty and mean spirited or as my high school biology teacher Mr Iacangelo would say "No extemporaneous comments please." Besides that--total miles has little to do with overall experience but is only part of the picture, but why jump in here with negativity to simply offend someone? Ok now bring on the nasty comments toward me....imo indeed.
Paul Annapolis is offline  
Old 12-07-2014, 07:40   #9
Senior Cruiser
 
atoll's Avatar

Cruisers Forum Supporter

Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: gettin naughty on the beach in cornwall
Boat: 63 custom alloy sloop,macwester26,prout snowgoose 37 elite catamaran!
Posts: 10,133
Images: 75
Re: Potentially 2 deliveries

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul Annapolis View Post
Why do you go out of your way to belittle this fellow? To argue that somehow 10,000 sea miles is "amateur, barely experienced"??? That's just petty and mean spirited or as my high school biology teacher Mr Iacangelo would say "No extemporaneous comments please." Besides that--total miles has little to do with overall experience but is only part of the picture, but why jump in here with negativity to simply offend someone? Ok now bring on the nasty comments toward me....imo indeed.

that is why i asked if it was a mistake on his part,10,000 miles is barely an atlantic circuit or less than 4months sea time
__________________
my catamaran building project updates https://www.cruisersforum.com/forums...ft-103739.html
atoll is online now  
Old 12-07-2014, 17:20   #10
Registered User

Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Hampton, VA
Boat: 45'=not anymore
Posts: 332
Send a message via Skype™ to xxuxx
Re: Potentially 2 deliveries

Mike, your PM's are full, need to empty them for me to send you a PM
Chris
xxuxx is offline  
Old 14-07-2014, 06:53   #11
Marine Service Provider

Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: St. Thomas
Boat: 1978 41' Island Trader
Posts: 36
Send a message via MSN to CaptainPatty Send a message via Skype™ to CaptainPatty
Re: Potentially 2 deliveries

Mike,

I would like the opportunity to bid on these deliveries, but will require some more information. Your PM is full but you may contact me via email here. Thank you.

Cpt. Patty
CaptainPatty is offline  
Old 14-07-2014, 13:10   #12
Registered User

Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Ft. Lauderdale, USA
Boat: Currently looking for a new boat to captain
Posts: 2
Re: Potentially 2 deliveries

Mike,

I'm a licensed delivery captain with a brother living in Bocas del Toro, so I always look for an excuse to visit. I have a lot of experience in the Caribbean, Atlantic, and East Coast. Please let me know your approximate date for departure from Bocas and I'll get you a quote via email.

Sincerely,

Ed
__________________

sailing2fast is offline  
 

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Modern Stuffing Box Potentially Dangerous cal40john Propellers & Drive Systems 42 18-02-2012 09:18
Crew Available: For West-Bound Atlantic Crossing from Nov '11, or Potentially Anywhere in the World rumoclock Crew Archives 0 26-02-2011 08:12
Wanted - Get sailing experience w/ deliveries.... vilanomark Crew Archives 2 18-06-2006 09:48
Want to crew on deliveries?? vilanomark General Sailing Forum 1 06-03-2006 20:33
Available - Couple seeking deliveries or crewing earlyreefer Crew Archives 0 29-03-2003 15:51

Advertise Here


Copyright 2002- Social Knowledge, LLC All Rights Reserved.

All times are GMT -7. The time now is 05:57.


Google+
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Social Knowledge Networks
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
×

ShowCase vBulletin Plugins by Drive Thru Online, Inc.