Cruisers Forum

Go Back   Cruisers & Sailing Forums > Cruising Business & Commerce > Crew Positions: Wanted & Available > Crew Archives
Cruiser Wiki Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 26-01-2016, 20:13   #1

possibly looking for crew around Bahamas and beyond

Possibly looking for crew around Caribbean. I'm 26, 43' ocean going boat. Experience not necessarily required, but preferred. Tell me about yourself. Must be able to carry yourself financially. Looking for some one with hardy character that can keep having fun when things get tough. Not a paying gig.
Old 28-01-2016, 06:57   #2

Re: possibly looking for crew around Bahamas and beyond

Hey!
I am interested in joining your boat around the Bahamas and possibly the Caribbean.
A little about me.. I am an ametuer sailor with bold ambitions of cruising the waters. Last year I lived in Costa Rica for 6 months doing a work trade at an Eco hostel. I adapted the Pura Vida lifestyle that taught me how to enjoy the minimum of what you have while making the best times with new people in a different environment. I like to cook, exercise, laugh, read, good conversation, marine life, dogs and would love to live on the water.
Let me know when you plan on making your voyage!
Old 30-01-2016, 08:51   #3

I love the Caribbean, it's been a while, but I've sailed (as crew) from Florida to the Bahamas, mainland FL to the Dry Tortugas, and around the Virgin Islands, as well as a bit around here in St. Augustine FL. I've SCUBA dove around Hopetown, the Exumas, and the BVI. I have advanced certification from PADI.
I've been surfing since 1988. I've surfed all over central America, also Chile, the Bahamas, and Ireland. I like big waves and have a deep love and respect of the ocean.
I have a MS in Biology and have studied coral reef ecosystems. I'm a carpenter and very good with all tools and mechanical things. I'm also good at freediving and ocean swimming.
I'm also a musician and an artist...
I'm taking ASA 101-104 now and planning to buy a boat to live on soon, and experience in the Caribbean would be valuable to me.
I'm 45, 5'10 160lbs, in very good athletic condition and I don't drink.
I could be free for as long as a month for now.
Old 30-01-2016, 10:40   #4

Boat: Sail Eldredge McInnes Eastward Ho 30'

I'm ready to go JK
Old 31-01-2016, 02:47   #5

Hey there arriving in abaco on wensday till about the end of the month let me know what your plans are if you have them yet��

Tags
Bahamas, crew