Cruisers Forum

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 11-09-2014, 21:54   #1

PNW to San Diego

Are you looking to get your boat from the PNW to San Diego for the Baja HaHa? I am looking to crew for a monohull sailboat from anywhere North of SF to SD. I am a strong, fit, healthy, chill 52 year old man. I have been married to the same wonderful woman for 29 years. I live in Southern California and will pay to get myself to your homeport. I am a journeyman/master electrician with a solid understanding of marine electrical systems. My sailing experience is mostly California coastal cruising (40 years) and charters in BVI, San Juans, and Med. I have single-handed around Point Conception and sailed my Catalina 350 from LA to SF and back. I don't get seasick (easily) and I am tough as nails. I am looking to get more offshore experience and figure this would be a good way to start. I am self-employed and can be flexible with my schedule. For what it's worth, I have a great sense of humor, an engaging personality, and can cook eggs and bacon in a seaway like nobody's business. You won't find a more reliable, responsible person for your crew.
Old 12-09-2014, 04:54   #2

Boat: Outbound 44
Re: PNW to San Diego

Matt
FYI, most of the PNW southbound boats leave midAug to mid-Sept. So you might be a little late.
Old 12-09-2014, 15:14   #3

Boat: Niagara 35
Re: PNW to San Diego

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul L View Post
Matt
FYI, most of the PNW southbound boats leave midAug to mid-Sept. So you might be a little late.
There's always a few who are scrambling at the last minute, though! The high seems to be holding for a bit longer yet, but I agree it's starting to get late in the season.

Tags
san diego