Cruisers Forum

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 30-05-2013, 05:15   #1

Boat: Bavaria 37 (2007)
Phuket to Phuket

I will be doing some lazy sailing around Phang Nga and Phuket region late July and August. Mostly island hopping with a local friend who has never even seen the ocean let alone been on a yacht before. So I need to have someone else with at least some experience. We won't be doing anything terribly onerous. It would be a good chance for someone with experience or at least a bareboat charter certificate to build up some nautical miles.
I am a retired environmental scientist so it would also be good to have someone with a background or interest in ecology/geography/photography as I am especially interested in exploring the natural history of the region.
The boat is a three cabin Bavaria 37 and you need to be willing to share onboard expenses.
Modest alcohol and smoker on the foredeck OK.
Old 01-06-2013, 04:44   #2

Re: Phuket to Phuket

Hi,

I am in Chiang Mai now, studying math, planning to be somewhere in the Pacific the sooner the better, but i'm hoping for latest september.

I unfortunately do not drink or consume tobacco, but enjoy good food.

I have travelled a lot, mostly in Europe and Asia, but also in North Africa and Central America. My interests are diverse, but i enjoy a good chess game, a good intelligent convo and some fishing diving etc.

I understand you look for someone more seaworthy, but I can assure you that my blood will make up for it, I come from the land of Thor Heyerdahl, Roald Amundsen and the strongest of the Vikings... anyway if you decide I am worth it I would be able to come down to Phuket and say hi, and I could spend a month learning the ropes there.

I am pretty easy with money, i have income enough from home to share expenses unless you're planning to buy a new motor or refurnish the boat on my expense

So for my part it would be a great opportunity to learn and help out, for your part, i don't know but i have worked with environmental issues before (several recycling plants, some eco-communities), and support the sahara forest projects to replant forests in sahara... Anyway, let me know if you are interested in giving me a shot on pm or here.. thanks a lot considering, G