Cruisers Forum

Join CruisersForum Today

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 27-03-2016, 16:22   #16

Boat: Sayer 46' Solent rig sloop
Re: Partner and crew

ShaggyDog44,

Okay, a skipper for 50 yrs, and a fellow in good shape for his age, who is used to calling the shots.

Real sailing ladies are few and far between, and tend to be pretty independent women, so the search isn't going to be easy. What you choose to reveal about yourself will be key. I know this sounds like a drag, but if you really are seeking a life partner, write down exactly what you are looking for, and then figure out what qualities of yours that will appeal to someone qualified to be that life partner. Some of these include, besides your health, and sea loving nature, your level of affluence, your appearance, your interests outside sailing. By the time they're past 40, most women are going to want to know those things and a lot more, besides, but all you need in the beginning is enough to pique the interest of someone, who if she is desirable crew for you, will also be desirable to the many single men out there who are seeking partners.

If you will settle for being a sugar daddy, you'll probably get some companionship; but if you are looking for an equal partnership, you're looking for a rare woman. Good luck with it.

It could well be that the SSSSM thread might have some leads for you.

Ann

Old 27-03-2016, 17:58   #17

Boat: Key West 2020 CC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lizzy Belle View Post
I somehow get the impression the OP will accept any woman willing to show up ...
I am not so sure about that.

Old 28-03-2016, 02:25   #18

Boat: Sayer 46' Solent rig sloop

^^^^

And your point in posting that picture, please?

The OP said he evaluated people on actually meeting them and getting a feel who they are.

Ann
Old 28-03-2016, 05:53   #19

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ann T. Cate View Post
ShaggyDog44,

Okay, a skipper for 50 yrs, and a fellow in good shape for his age, who is used to calling the shots.

Real sailing ladies are few and far between, and tend to be pretty independent women, so the search isn't going to be easy. What you choose to reveal about yourself will be key. I know this sounds like a drag, but if you really are seeking a life partner, write down exactly what you are looking for, and then figure out what qualities of yours that will appeal to someone qualified to be that life partner. Some of these include, besides your health, and sea loving nature, your level of affluence, your appearance, your interests outside sailing. By the time they're past 40, most women are going to want to know those things and a lot more, besides, but all you need in the beginning is enough to pique the interest of someone, who if she is desirable crew for you, will also be desirable to the many single men out there who are seeking partners.

If you will settle for being a sugar daddy, you'll probably get some companionship; but if you are looking for an equal partnership, you're looking for a rare woman. Good luck with it.

It could well be that the SSSSM thread might have some leads for you.

Ann
Ann,
Thank you for your kind response. Your views are my feelings exactly.

Captain Jay
Old 28-03-2016, 06:33   #20
Senior Cruiser

Cruisers Forum Supporter

Boat: (Cruiser Living On Dirt)

Greetings and welcome aboard the CF, Jay.

Old 28-03-2016, 06:56   #21
cruiser

To the OP

I'd say you're gonna have to sell yourslf a bit better, open up and not be so vague, women are shoppers, it's a trait of their gathering skill set..."settling" goes against their shopping sub trait of their gathering skillset as it's so unnatural for them to accept less than quality product when gathering (shopping)

Simply put, you're gonna have to put yourself out there (use yourself as bait) to lure a female to take interest in you...this is quit unnatural too though, women are submissive by nature and want to be noticed, prospected and won over...I don't think any woman who might be forward enough to investigate you is gonna last very long at your side, she'll be lookng to see if she can trade up as she'll have to confidence (something your ad seemingly lacks)

Good luck, just seems so unnatural some guy trying to lure a woman without a sales pitch, much less a vague description of himself without pics of himself
, Less his his wants/needs and what he enjoys/interests?
Old 28-03-2016, 11:08   #22
CF Adviser

Cruisers Forum Supporter

Boat: Van Helleman Schooner 65ft StarGazer

Wow!... and all those years I thought my relationship with my partner was about being a good friend and listener, who knew how to hug and laugh at himself when she pointed out how dumb he can sometimes be.....Silly me!
Old 29-03-2016, 06:09   #23

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vipervenom View Post
Maybe its just me, but I don't see anything wrong with shaggydogs post, he just put it out there that he was looking for a person that would be a partner / Crew mate, and he did leave his E-mail so she can contact him for more information as to age etc. personal things are better suited for E-mail Exchange than for the general public, and some people are not maybe as good at expressing thoughts,as others in a Public Forum.
And as to most of the comments,I see the value in what you are saying, it is meant in a helpful way, as our mine.
Thank you so much for coming to my aid. Your very observant and that is exactly the way I feel.

Once Again Thank you,
Captain Jay

Tags
crew