Cruisers Forum

Go Back   Cruisers & Sailing Forums > Cruising Business & Commerce > Crew Positions: Wanted & Available > Crew Archives
Cruiser Wiki Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 03-06-2013, 08:53   #1

Panama to the South Pacific ready to GO!!!

Hi,

I am looking for passage as crew back across to the South Pacific as soon as possible. I'm from New Zealand and ready to go home after two years on the road. I know its late in the season but I am here in Shelter Bay Marina on the Caribbean side of the Panama Canal and ready to go.

I have been working on a Tayana 42' in Honduras for the past three months readying for the passage across to Brisbane, Australia but the boat will no longer be making the crossing so I'm looking for another opportunity.

I can comfortably hand steer a course, I have sat watches in two hour shifts with a crew of three including me for multi day/night cruising. I have my advanced scuba diving certificate. I can cook delicious food under sail in rolling seas and most of all love to be out on the water.

I get along well with people from all walks of life and of all ages. I'm 25 years old. I understand what it's like to live in a small space for extended periods of time. That it takes patience and compromise.

So if your headed that way please get in touch with me here or directly on b.pearsallAThotmailDOTcom.

Cheers and happy sailing,

Beth
Old 06-06-2013, 04:33   #2

Hi Beth, I'm looking to do the same thing. Except, I am on the Panama City side. Everyone says that it's late in the season but that there still might be a few stragglers coming out of the Caribbean and headed for South Pacific. Drop me a line and let me know what kind of luck you have had at Shelter Bay.

g.r.media at hotmail dot com
Old 06-06-2013, 19:18   #3
Marine Service Provider

Boat: Lagoon 440, for sale from March 2016 in New Caledonia
Re: Panama to the South Pacific ready to GO!!!

Hi Beth and Gabriel,
We are moored at Las Brisas, on the Panama City side of the Amador causeway, and I can confirm that it is not late. Many sailboats moored around us are about to cross to the Galapagos and Polynésie française in the coming weeks. And more are moored in Balboa.

Tags
Panama