Cruisers Forum

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 11-07-2012, 14:41   #1

Send a message via Skype™ to Cowhead
Panama to South America

Hi, I'm Andrew.
I'm a 34 year old British man, strong and physically fit.
I started my round-the-world trip in April, I am currently in Costa Rica but I will be in Panama from the 18th July.
I have a flight out of Chile on 1st October and, obviously need to make my way there but this whole trip for me is about seeing, doing memorable things and pushing myself to learn new skills along the way. Therefore, in seeking the chance to enjoy a rewarding, character-building experience I am looking to combine my travels further south with the opportunity to work onboard your boat/yacht. (Please note: I do NOT have any experience of working on boats.)

On my travels, I have already demonstrated my hard work ethic and ability to learn quickly. I got chatting to a guy in West Palm Beach and he had just bought a house there, he wanted it renovating and asked me if I would help him. As the property had been stood empty for 18 months it was hard work but thoroughly enjoyable.(I have his contact details if you need his reference)

Although I understand that having previous sailing experience would give me an advantage, I fully believe that my hard-working, thorough attitude combined with my eagerness to learn is a worthy substitute.

To complement these attributes, you will find I am very respectful, competent, reliable and honest. Also, I'm confident that my very personable, easy-going and genuine character will ensure a good relationship.

I feel that I would equally suit duties on board a commercial vessel or on a private boat/yacht with a family/couple.

I hope the fact I am very flexible with my timescale and destination is another favourable point.

I have tried to give you as much information about who I am and what I'm looking for but if you have any questions, please don't hesitate to contact me.

Many thanks,

Andrew

Tags
Panama