Cruisers Forum

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 12-09-2014, 07:08   #1

Boat: Tom Colvin, Custom 63'
Panama Central America

I need help sailing to Panama C.A. from St. Petersburg Florida I want to leave by Nov. or sooner and will take the western route. I will supply 63' steel schooner and fuel. Crew must cover their own personal costs. I will be in no hurry and buskers and backpackers welcome as long as you have experience sailing. My vessel is CG documented and geared for blue water. All sails self tacking, very comfortable and easy to operate.
Old 12-09-2014, 11:58   #2

Re: Panama Central America

Good Day,
I am an experienced sailor, now retired and seeking an adventure. Most recent journeys have been Wilmington N.C. to Bahamas and Ft. Myers to Cuba - sail and power. Have references and am available whenever weather permits. Coast Guard license in the past but not currently active. I can get to you on my nickle. Retired now and so time is not of any concern. I can keep a good watch, cook a decent meal and am an interesting conversationalist. For further details I may be reached at 207-289-8860 or at ogunquitskip_at_gmail.com
Old 13-09-2014, 09:14   #3

Hello, I'm interested in more info on your planned trip. Sounds like I need to sell my boat and join you. Could you email me with info on you and the trip. I too have dive gear, 4 tanks, spear gun, all the gear that goes with it. I have alway wanted to visit the Panama area. I'm retired with plenty of time. I live near Houston Tx, could drive to Fl and visit in person. Thanks Rick. cntrycuz@ gmail.com

Sent from my iPad using Cruisers Sailing Forum Rick
Old 15-09-2014, 12:49   #4

I am an experienced professional chef with beginners sailing experience. I am interested in joining your voyage and am eager to learn more about sailing and ocean crossings.
Old 15-09-2014, 12:58   #5

Boat: Tom Colvin, Custom 63'

What is beginners sailing?? Classes?? Do you think you can cook rocking an rollin out at sea??? Send me a private message
Old 21-09-2014, 09:57   #6

I am interested in your sailing opportunity. I have co-captained a 42 Lagoon (cat) from Savannah to Georgetown Bahamas, a 40 Beneteau from Key West to Cuba, a 36 Columbia from Hamilton Ontario to Nova Scotia and some other trips in Trinidad and Brazil. I have Bare Boat certification and a bunch of other certificates such as VHF, weather, navigation. I am very safety conscious, but love to have fun, and enjoy life. We are both musicians, and I used to be a professional photographer and film maker. We are retired fit and healthy have interests in nutrition and health. Have run numerous film festivals in Canada and Central America since retiring.

My wife is the happiest person I know or have ever met (former teacher). She is a GREAT cook (competent crew certified) and a great person. She and I speak enough Spanish to muddle through most situations. We have spent the last 4 winters (6 months each) in Costa Rica with trips to Nicaragua and Panama. I have never sailed a square rig before but it would a new opportunity to learn. I could provide references from other crewing trips if necessary.

I would love to talk and hear more about your plans. Please contact me if you are interested in going forward.

Paul and Margaret
Old 28-09-2014, 17:54   #7

Greetings Capt.
I am an experienced sailor, love the sea & easy to get along with.
larrymatson2002@yahoo.com , for a more detail & personnel look at me.
call if u so wish , 302-260-2901
hope to hear from you ... White Hat
Old 29-09-2014, 11:31   #8

Hey William,

Wondering if you are still looking for crew to help you get to Panama.
I am from Clearwater, Florida and grew up sailing small one person craft- Lazers, Prams, Sunfish- but have never manned a large craft. I really want to learn.

If your willing to take on novice sailors I would more than make up for lack of experience with good company and hard work. I am a cook, musician, artist, I speak Spanish. I have no itinerary, I just want to get out on the water.

best,
Genevieve
Old 30-09-2014, 08:39   #9

Greetings Capt.

I got ur voice message on my phone, for some reason no missed calls showed, so I don't have a phone # to call u back. Dang, sorry I missed it, try again, & just in case leave ur # if , I don't answer.
hope to talk to U soon , White Hat 302-260-2901
Old 05-10-2014, 05:25   #10

Boat: Bingham custom cutter rigged 35 loa 28 lod
Send a message via Skype™ to Dean Samuels

Im experienced and have been thru the canal x3 call me @ 910 538 2215

Sent from my C5215 using Cruisers Sailing Forum mobile app
Old 17-10-2014, 12:19   #11

Sorry I didn't see your notice sooner. I live in Alt Spgs and have a 32' Allied at Patrick AFB Marina.

Problem is I just got back from visiting step daughter in Panama City. Too soon to go back again.

If you do it again in 2015, let me know. I would be interested. Jim Coppens, coppens1@juno.com

Tags
Central America, Panama