Cruisers Forum

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 09-05-2014, 09:03   #1

Palm Beach to Annapolis, Late May early June

I am looking for one or two people to join me. The vessel is a 44 ft heavily built center cockpit. She was made for comfort not for speed. I have made this trip 7 of the last 8 years usually single handed. Until reaching the Chesapeake, it is a straight blue water run and takes about 2 weeks. While offshore experience is helpful, it is not required. I do not allow drugs or smoking on board or drinking while on watch. I will cover all boat expenses and most food while underway. All shore side expenses including travel to/from the vessel will be the responsibility of the crew. I expect to depart sometime during the last week May or early June, conditions permitting.
Old 12-05-2014, 09:55   #2

Re: Palm Beach to Annapolis, Late May early June

CSYChip,
High School math teacher in Colorado, finish our school year May 30. I'm available the 1st of June. I have +3000 miles doing deliveries including one passage from Hawaii to San Fran. I'd love to help you out this summer. I can be contacted at michael (dot) degitis (at) gmail (dot) com or 720.771.69 two two.

I'm looking forward to hearing from you!
Old 12-05-2014, 15:55   #3

Re: Palm Beach to Annapolis, Late May early June

Hi There,

I read your ad for seeking crew here, and am interested. I'm a Male 35 year old dutchman. Brief description of myself: Enthusiastic, open minded and direct (what else would you expect from a dutchy ), serious and hard working when needed, easy going if possible.. Skillfull mechanic (Mechanical Engineer) and handy electrician. Good to have around!

Reasonable sailing experience. Grew up on a boat, and have been on a lot of different boats in The Netherlands. Form small to big, old to new. Not much blue-water experience. Sailed from Amsterdam (NL) to St. Petersburg (Russia). Done a lot of overnight races. Have joined some races in Auckland while travelling there last februari.

Currently in Fiji after a crossing from Opua, New Zealand. Was much fun and looking forward doing some more sailing. I'm surfing Fiji at the moment, but am slowly looking for a change of scenery..

Contact me if you have any questions!

Tags
annapolis