Cruisers Forum

Go Back   Cruisers & Sailing Forums > Cruising Business & Commerce > Crew Positions: Wanted & Available > Crew Archives
Cruiser Wiki Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 27-01-2016, 23:27   #1

Boat: Passport 51
Paid position wanted anywhere in the world (Delivery, Cruising, Race)

Hello, just joined this site and this is my first posting. Put some information about myself in my profile but please PM me if you would like to know more.

Looking for paid delivery, cruising or racing positions around the world. Daily rate is $50-$300US plus travel expenses to and from PDX or SEA airports. Adventure and certifications are currencies I am willing to take, but $50US minimum is the lowest threshold. Would like to earn my Yachtmaster Offshore someday soon and therefore I am particularly interested in projects that have a instructor on board who can help me advance. Partial to boats that have SCUBA and fishing gear onboard. PADI Rescue Diver and Divemaster, multiple First-Aid/CPR/AED certifications. Semi-professional photographer. GPS and test engineering consultant.

Competent on power and sail boats with a personal affinity towards small power yachts and mono hull sailboats in the 38'-45' range.

I love cooking and can create a fulfilling lunch in 20 mins or a multi-course dinner in 50 minutes. I cook spicy. Skilled at free diving and spear fishing for fish and lobsters.

Have extensive experience in troubleshooting mechanical, electrical, electronic and hydraulic components. Expert in sealants and adhesives used in applications where pressure, sand, salt fog and temperature variations affect reliability factors. Competent in arc and MIG welding. Expert in connectors and troubleshooting circuits cards down to component level. IPC Certified in high reliability soldering strategies as well as wire terminations and cable harness routing.

Notable sailings included taking a speed boat non-stop from Florida to Bahamas, taking all helm night shifts of a 56' ketch from Oregon to California, working on dive charters in Turkey, sailing around the Mediterranean and Aegean seas, island hopping around Fiji and San Juans, crewing at sailing races in the Whitsundays and Columbia River, and many other adventures around the world.

As of January 27, 2016 I am available to depart with just days of notice to anywhere in the world. I require no more than a few rounds of online communications and at least one video teleconference before the project begins. I like to have fun and take things easy, but not at the expense of losing track of the desired goals of the project. You can count on what I say I can do and cannot do. I like contracts and written agreements where details are spelled out clearly. I take pride in my reputation and my hand shake with a visual contact carries far more weight than my signature.
Old 28-01-2016, 02:59   #2
Senior Cruiser

Cruisers Forum Supporter

Boat: (Cruiser Living On Dirt)
Re: Paid position wanted anywhere in the world (Delivery, Cruising, Race)

Greetings and welcome aboard the CF, XtaSea.

Old 28-01-2016, 09:32   #3

Boat: Passport 51
Re: Paid position wanted anywhere in the world (Delivery, Cruising, Race)

Thank you, GordMay. It is a pleasure to be here.

Tags
cruising, delivery, race, wanted