Cruisers Forum

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 28-11-2012, 17:33   #1

Pacific Puddle Jump

In need of two crew,saling from Mexico to Australia next April.need to contrbute to food and diesel,etc prob about $10 per day..must have some experience and have a ticket back out of Oz or a work permit.Also be able to pay the $1200 refundable bond in French Polynesia.have to be fun and laid back..please no strange introvert backpackers.cheers Paul.
Old 04-12-2012, 19:38   #2

Re: pacific puddle jump

I might have an interest in this. I have the time and money. I'm a 54 year old male, easy going and fun loving.
Old 04-12-2012, 20:20   #3

Boat: Tartan 42
Re: pacific puddle jump

Hello Paul. In the mid 90's to 2001 I sailed my Stevens47 from Sausalito up and down the west cost. To Cabo as well as Eureka and back. Just this last year I double handed a Tartan 42 from Pensacola to the great lakes via the Erie canal. I am interested in this sail but would like to know the size, age, make and recent survey of your boat. The gear, your experience and autopilots are important as well.
Since 2004 I have been a legal resident of Australia, living just outside Hobart, Tasmania.
jlwinstead@hotmail.com
Old 05-12-2012, 20:05   #4
Marine Service Provider

Boat: other peoples
Send a message via Skype™ to Loco Gato
Re: Pacific Puddle Jump

Paul! you're still kickin' mate? Good on you! Hope all is well and drop me a line. I'm off to Raiatea in a few weeks bringing one back to the states. Let me know how you are.
Lynn A. Stokes
stokesla@earthlink.net
Also if you need anything let me know
Old 19-12-2012, 12:25   #5

I'm interested: I am 47, 5'6", 200lb. Have about 1100 nm experience (regattas in Gulf of Mx, charters in USVI and Hawaii, previous owner of a Catalina 25). I am laid back and good natured. I can send a resume. I am at JLMyer at hotmail dot com.
Old 19-12-2012, 20:36   #6

Sounds great. I'm 41, easy to get along with, witty, respectful of boundaries. I'm taking a Basic Keel / Coastal Cruising course from the OCSC in San Fran the first week of Feb. My brother lives permanently outside Wollongong, but I'd also like to visit NZ at some point. I'm eager to help out in any way I can. Money is not a problem. -Gavin
Contact me by Private message.
Old 22-12-2012, 03:52   #7

Boat: 45' Custom Ted Brewer
Send a message via Skype™ to Ahquabi

Paul

Unless something has changed recently, the bond in French Polynesia can be avoided by joining this "rally", which is free.

Pacific Puddle Jump Official Web Site
Old 23-12-2012, 10:27   #8

Hi Paul! I am a 25 male looking to come aboard as crew on your ship across the Pacific. I am an experienced sailor, but have only sailed smaller crafts (<30ft), and have no larger boat or open ocean experience. I am strong, hardworking, easy going, and I am a quick learner and a good cook. I plan to make my way down Baja sometime in February and would love to help you with maintenance and/or trip planning/logistics before departure.
Chris
Old 19-02-2013, 15:45   #9

Hi there,

My name is Mark Brophy, I'm a 25 year old Canadian. I'm in Puerto Vallarta and hoping to sail to Australia. i have a SCUBA diving internship lined up there and think sailing would be the best way to get there.

After bicycling from Vancouver, CAN to SanDiego, USA i jsut completed my first sailing journey; San Diego to Puerto Vallarta. I loved it! The ocean, the sky, the fish and whales and birds and quiet.

I have basic sailing knowledge but I'm eager to sail more, learn more and think life on water will be a big part of my future. I like to cook, SCUBA dive, climb mountains, play guitar and most things outside.

Let me know if you are interested

thanks,
fair winds and happy travels
-Mark
marksail(at)hotmail(dot)com
Old 22-02-2013, 11:13   #10

62, Retired on boat in San Diego, crew/captained in Maui 4 yrs, Costa Rica 10 yrs, exp from Malta to Hawaii, deliveries from Bahamas to California. Jerry Washmon 904-428-9194 jwashmon@gmail.com