Cruisers Forum

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 06-02-2013, 12:36   #1

Pacific Crossing

Pacific Crossing - Crew wanted!!! Ensenada to Marquesas, Tahiti, Cooks Island, Fiji, Australia. All levels welcome. Departing end of March. Mile builders dream!!
Vamonos!!!!Food share contribution.
Old 07-02-2013, 00:07   #2

Send a message via Skype™ to felixgotti
Thumbs up Re: Pacific Crossing

Hi, My name is Ivan and my friend's name Sergey. together we are grate team!
We are beginners in sailing but our intentions are very serious! Last year we got certificates - IYT Bareboat Skipper Sail (2012) both – 310 NM
we are planning sailing all 2013 and more.

about your plan, dates befor, what legs you planing? its possible to join whith you at the end of summer?
Old 07-02-2013, 05:50   #3

My name is Shaked and I'm 23 y/o, born in Israel. I'm a professional*skipper, sailing since 2003, graduated nautical high*school*and then went to serve in the*navy.
I'm qualified as a*skipper*for both*motor*and sailing vessels up to 24 meters, (monohaul and catamaran) and l'm also an advance*diver .
I have a total mileage of 9000 NM on S.V (some as crew some as captain), mostly all around the Med sea.
I'm experienced with all duties on board, from bottom till top - (deckboy to skipper), so I can do good where ever is needed (a real handyman they all say).
I worked as a sailing instructor, for a year, with all special needs population (kids and adults).
I also was part of a sailing*racing*team for 4 years.

Last June I've decided to go farther on with my heart and my main goal is to circumnavigate the world!

I've planed the*route, saved*money, bought*equipment, said goodbye to everyone and set sail west.
Since then I had sailed with 4 different boats.
I'm meeting the nicest people and so far having the best time of my life.

next chapter in my story is - crossing the Pacific !

And a littel about me: non smoker, energetic, friendly, always smiling, not afraid of hard work, eager to learn, responsible and adventurous.

I'm traveling now in centeral america, surfing, trecking, scuba diving and having fun, so I'm flexible with the dates.

Coh 'dot' shaked 'at' gmail 'dot' com
Old 07-02-2013, 15:08   #4

Re: Pacific Crossing

Hey sent you a PM, have you received it? Thanks!
Old 09-02-2013, 10:45   #5

Hey almatos.

This sounds incredible! I would LOVE to do a trip like this.

And not everyone is eager to take on us more novice sailors (understandably), so thanks for that. I'm definitely green, but I've just taken the American Sailing Association's 101 Basic Keelboat Sailing class. I just need more time on the water for it to become second nature. I'd love an adventure like this.

I'm male, 28, American, and in decent shape. I tend to pick up new skills quickly. I've canoed the Mississippi River and hiked an 800 km trail in northern Scandinavia, so I'm certainly no stranger to roughing it a bit.

If there's anything else you'd like to know, please don't hesitate to ask. This sounds like such great adventure.
Old 12-02-2013, 18:30   #6

.... you've peaked my interest, tell me more.
would be a great team member, all round good guy !
thanks, Chris.
Old 13-02-2013, 07:38   #7

Will be available and at the dock in July if your plans change.......Mac
Old 15-02-2013, 18:23   #8

Something I've always wanted to do! I can bring along enough stories to get us there and back. Let's Talk!
Old 15-02-2013, 18:24   #9

Hello there!
My name is Chris and I am very interested in joining you! I am a 25 year old male, and I have been sailing since I was a very little kid. I only have experience on smaller boats (<30ft) and I have no open ocean experience.To make up for my minimal cruising experience, I am a hard worker, fast learner, a good cook, and I am an easy going adventurer with a lot of wilderness experience. I have been preparing myself to crew on a boat to Australia (well at least Polynesia for starts) for several months now, and I have a work visa for Australia when I arrive. I will be leaving Ca by the end of February to come down to Baja. I have been planning on searching for a boat in La Paz, but I would love to meet up with you in Ensanada to at least introduce myself. Please feel free to shoot me at e-mail at crgallagher87@gmail.com if you are interested!
THANKS!!!
Old 15-02-2013, 18:39   #10

Boat: Traditional 30

@almatos. It may help you if you include the type of boat, gear and safeties etc. Better crew will only look for a very seaworthy vessel while a noob will hop onto anything without knowledge. So you may find you will get a broader range of people, including people with watchkeeping/nav/endineering experience etc. Also the social hierarchy on the boat. Is it a husband wife team? Two mates? Family with kids(that will separate the crew a lot). Good luck and fair winds :-D
Old 17-02-2013, 14:50   #11

I am Jake: 47 years old; good natured and laid back; 1500 nm; sailing and culinary experience. I am currently on Maui and looking for a sail to south Pac. Please email JLMyer at Hot mail for resume.

Thanks and travel well!
Old 18-02-2013, 19:09   #12

Hi my name is Dillon Robbins I'm a 20 year old male from Maine. I grew up sailing a Luger 28 and sailed 420s and FJs on my high school team. Since then have been working at a sailing center doing maintenance and carpentry work. I have no blue water experience but my basic skills are very solid. Although I lack offshore sailing experience I am a skilled handyman and learn quick. I wish to join your crew anytime and am able to meet you anywhere. Thanks
Old 19-02-2013, 15:19   #13

Hi Almatos,
My name is Mark Brophy, I'm a 25 year old Canadian. I'm in Puerto Vallarta and hoping to sail to Australia. i have a SCUBA diving internship lined up there and think sailing would be the best way to get there.

After bicycling from Vancouver, CAN to SanDiego, USA i jsut completed my first sailing journey; San Diego to Puerto Vallarta. I loved it! The ocean, the sky, the fish and whales and birds and quiet.

I have basic sailing knowledge but I'm eager to sail more, learn more and think life on water will be a big part of my future.

Let me know if you are interested

thanks,
fair winds and happy travels
-Mark
Old 22-02-2013, 11:18   #14

62 retired on boat in San Diego. Many years exp, sailed cats in Maui and Costa Rica for 14 years. Deliveries from Bahamas to California, mostly sailboats. Jerry Washmon 904-428-9194
Old 06-03-2013, 09:05   #15

Hola Almatos!
I'm Kristle, 27, strong, smart, energetic, a fast learner. I'm a traveler, adventurer, very adaptable, and speak Spanish. I love to cook, am very tidy, no stranger to heavy labor or dirty work. I've spent a month and more alone in the woods and desert, and look forward to the solitude of the ocean. I have little sailing experience, but I've read some books, and am eager to learn firsthand, I know I will be much appreciated crew. I would love to know more about you and your boat...email me kristlekrueger@yahoo.com
Cheers!
Kristle