Cruisers Forum

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 14-08-2009, 06:27   #1

Boat: 2004 Beneteau 473
Send a message via Yahoo to Knucklehead
Out of Charleston - Going South to...?

I know that I will catch alot of grief from those that will assume I am a male sexist pig or they are so envious that they will need to douse me with cold water at their first opportunity. Truthfully, I may be all those things you think, but, I have a thing about being honest and respectful - many years in the US Army, retired that is .

Here is the whole thing in a nutshell, I need a sailing partner to sail with me for the next 2-4 months exploring the east coast and the Bahamas. My requirements are simple (go ahead and blast me guys an opening has been presented).

Female, I do not need a testasterone flare up at the worst possible time, handle deck lines, age - less than 61 yrs of age, healthy, fit, able to stand watch, if needed since I do not anticipate more than 4-7 hours of sailing per day when sailing. Unpaid and I provide the grub you help me prepare it.

Any sane woman out there interested? just holler
karl
Vamoose Beneteau 461
karlsplace@yahoo.com
Old 14-08-2009, 07:41   #2

Boat: finally a catamaran dive boat...
Send a message via MSN to cdennyb Send a message via Skype™ to cdennyb
right on brother... ooohhhh rraaaa.!
good luck with that. I'm sure you'll find a taker. every woman in my life I've met has been looking for a "free ride" from someone...
LoL

Now we BOTH can get blasted....
Old 14-08-2009, 07:42   #3
Eternal Member

Boat: Simpson, Catamaran, 46ft. IMAGINE
I see you have a partial pic of the boat in your profile. I would think the least thing you could do for the lady is post a pic of yourself. These kind of threads crack me up. BEST WISHES in finding a capable lady to serve up some grub......i2f
Old 14-08-2009, 08:35   #4

Boat: Boatless
I applaude your candor and am confident you will find many women interested in sailing with you. This sounds like easy sailing on a great boat. If I were not married to a great guy and sailing around the world on our wonderful boat, I would be the first on your list of interested women...
PS-- perhaps "Knucklehead" is not the best introduction title. How about "Gentleman Sailor" -- My husband thinks thats too sissy a name but I am sure it will attract more females than "Knucklehead".
Captain Nell Kellett
Old 14-08-2009, 08:44   #5

Damn, it sure did not take long to get the crack up remarks. What is interesting is that all that responded have large boats. Are you guys stuck in a harbour, like me, and wanting to get out there like I do? Knucklehead was prior to my purchasing this boat and was my call sign many many many years ago, 67-69. Another round please. karl
Old 14-08-2009, 09:12   #6
Eternal Member

Knucklehead,,

You need to knuckle down, and start single-handing that boat. If she's not set up for it. Then set her up for it. The only thing holding us back are contractual obligations. They're coming to an end soon, so it won't be long. You need to look into Ocean Girl's sailing singles here on CF. You have to remember we see these MATE THREADS all the time. Yours isn't nearly as bad as most. Show them ladies your tender side first.......i2f
Old 14-08-2009, 12:21   #7

Oh well all is..............

I2F,
The boat is actually set up exceptionally well for single sailing: generator, watermaker, SSB, inmast furling, electric winch, dinghy, wind generator. The surprising part is that I have had many write to me on findacrew.net. I thought that with the larger following on Cruisers & Sailing forum, I would have access to a completely different audience. Obviously, thinking is not my strong suite. The tender part is difficult with having 39 years in the military and alot of it as an MP and in many miserable places.
My turn and to learn how to chill,
karl
Old 15-08-2009, 11:12   #8

Boat: Catalina 25
Hey Knucklehead, You are being honest bout what you want for a crewmember!
As former army (Pathfinder, Socom) I can relate. How bout "Gentleman Adventurer"? I play guitar with some fellow sailors/musicians and we actually call outselves that, in addition to less august names that I cannot print here. Here's to our wives and sweethearts.....
Old 15-08-2009, 13:28   #9
Eternal Member

Good luck to you knucklehead, and thanks for your time in the service. BEST WISHES in findinf a more relaxed life on your vessel with great company.......i2f
Old 15-08-2009, 13:48   #10
Senior Cruiser

Cruisers Forum Supporter

Boat: (Cruiser Living On Dirt)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Knucklehead View Post
... Female, I do not need a testasterone flare up at the worst possible time...
Women also carry testosterone, which isn’t the only hormone implicated in aggression, irritability, and depression.
Come on, admit it - you, like I & many others, just prefer to spend (extended) time in the company of a congenial woman.

Old 15-08-2009, 17:13   #11

i2f my choosen career field and honestly, in hindsight, this country and it's inhabitants are worth defending
GodMay Guilty - a woman is so much more to enjoy than a bunch of old cranky men. I wonder if I am one? Probably :-)
JackHinks - OOAAHH. RVN, Panama and of course Iraq. 101st Airborne and 5th SFG. Time to do other things like sailing and more sailing.
I will take recommendations and even suggestions that make sense, well...... they do not have to make sense.