Cruisers Forum

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 21-10-2015, 09:02   #1

Opportunity to sail around Greece to Turkey

I'm sailing with the guy now on a 2015 Jeanneau 349, but I must leave to attend to some important things. The guy is now alone, and could use another person to help him out.

It is a pleasure sail, just taking time sailing through the day and stopping at marinas and enjoying some sight-seeing.

I think it will be for at least a week, but it is a very flexible trip, and could likely be longer if you wanted.

Everything is paid for, but contribution towards food costs would be good. You will need to pay for your cost of travel to Greece where you will meet him.

The guy is Turkish, but speaks English very well. He's 46, has good humor, is very down-to-earth, and is just enjoying life. No awkward moments at all

No experience is necessary, but at least be prepared to help out with cooking, bits of cleaning, placing fenders and tieing the boat.

It's preferable that you can be in Greece by about the 27th, or 28th. Possibly a little later.

A great opportunity, certainly one I'll remember.

Send a bit about yourself to mustiist@yahoo.com
Old 22-10-2015, 16:21   #2

Re: Opportunity to sail around Greece to Turkey

We are interested in your sailing opportunity. Not sure if out timetable is OK for you. We could arrive about December 1-5......

I have co-captained a 42 Lagoon (cat) from Savannah to Georgetown Bahamas (4 months), a 40 Beneteau from Key West to Cuba (3 weeks), a 36 Columbia from Hamilton Ontario to Nova Scotia, with 10 locks (5 weeks) and some other trips in Trinidad and Brazil. We also have sailed the Great Lakes. I have Bare Boat certification and a bunch of other certificates such as VHF, weather, and navigation. I am very safety conscious, but love to have fun and enjoy life - and don't smoke or use drugs. We are both musicians, and I used to be a professional photographer and filmmaker. We are retired, fit and healthy and have interests in nutrition and health. We have also run numerous film festivals in Canada and Central America since retiring - we have a library of films.

My wife is the happiest person I know or have ever met (former teacher). She is a GREAT cook (Competent Crew certified) and a great person. She and I speak enough Spanish to muddle through most situations. We have spent the last 4 winters (6 months each) in Costa Rica with trips to Nicaragua and Panama. We can provide references if necessary.

I would love to talk and hear more about your plans. Please contact us if you are interested in going forward. paul-at-paulweigel-point-com

Paul and Margaret

Tags
Greece, sail, Turkey