Cruisers Forum

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 23-06-2016, 04:05   #1
Marine Service Provider

One sailing crew needed immediately St Thomas to Baltimore

Lagoon 42 in St Thomas heading to Baltimore. Vessel in excellent, safe condition. Very experienced, nice captain with one other crew member for a total of 3 people. Will run non-stop, unless necessary.

I had hired a person from this forum and it was a bad fit and he walked off in St Maarten. We moved the boat to St Thomas and him leaving has put us behind schedule. The boat must be in Baltimore NLT July 9.

I need a qualified sailor here today or tomorrow to get underway. Very clearly, candidates can be a captain, but there is only one captain on this vessel. This was part of the issue with the guy that walked off.

Pay is $150 per day and transportation costs covered.

Please only people who are qualified and can leave immediately
Old 23-06-2016, 04:45   #2

Re: One sailing crew needed immediately St Thomas to Baltimore

Go to independent boat yard. Go to Carrigas. Ask anyone for Aaran Maginnis or "Red Hat" Greg. Both experienced hands and have done the trip several times. Patty Washington if available is in Red Hook. Ask anyone at AYH for her.
Old 23-06-2016, 04:51   #3

BTW, where are you moored. I will message the STT crew members I spoke of for you.
Old 23-06-2016, 06:02   #4

PM sent.
Old 23-06-2016, 10:59   #5
Marine Service Provider

Cruisers Forum Supporter

Ahoy Capt William!

I just sent you a Private Message with Additional Relevant Information for this Delivery.

I am available now and can be in St. Thomas tomorrow (FRI June 24) in the afternoon (about 3:30PM arrival).

Here is a link to my Cruiser's Forum profile or "About" page: http://www.cruisersforum.com/forums/...nd-152208.html

I will certainly respect your role as the captain of the boat. I am always happy to lend a hand and will respectfully follow your lead or orders.

I am compatible with most people, mature (55), even tempered, no bad habits, no medical conditions, no diet restrictions, in good shape, and have many testimonials about my good character and trustworthiness.

I am an experienced (3,000 offshore passage miles) and responsible watch-stander, certified in ASA courses (ASA 101, 103, 104, 105), am a very good cook, know something about navigation and am considered a cheerful guest or shipmate, trustworthy and honest, a good conversationalist, a very positive person, and I am always happy to help or lend a hand.

We can talk or have a video interview via a VOIP call using Facebook Messenger app or via SKYPE or via text or email if you prefer, prior to making a commitment. Happy to answer any questions about my experience.

IF you have already filled your need for crew on this trip, please keep me in mind for future opportunities. I think if you read my documents/credentials and a few testimonials, you will find me to be trustworthy, helpful, and a good shipmate.

Sincerely,
Steadman Uhlich ("Steady Hand" on CF)
Old 23-06-2016, 23:30   #6

Boat: MacGregor 26X

define "qualified" please

Tags
baltimore, crew, sail, sailing