Cruisers Forum

Go Back   Cruisers & Sailing Forums > Cruising Business & Commerce > Crew Positions: Wanted & Available > Crew Archives
Cruiser Wiki Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 30-09-2016, 10:34   #1

Boat: 61' Bruce Roberts ketch (1986)
One more crew for Norfolk, VA to Aruba - Nov 16 - Jan 17

We'll be sailing our 61' ketch through the ICW, Bahamas, Haiti, Bonaire, Curacao and Aruba, starting mid Nov. 16 to arrive on or about mid Jan. 17

We are right now 3 crew members, all with experience and more than 50 y/o. We also have 2 cats on board.

Program:

Nov. 15 - Dec. 1st: Sailing from Norfolk, VA down the ICW to FL

Early Dec. to mid January: Sailing leisurely through the Bahamas, then one stop in Ile a Vaches, Haiti, then Bonaire (1 week stop), Curacao and Aruba our final destination.

This is a pleasure cruise. We do not race, we do not sail if the weather is bad. We'll take our time to enjoy the swimming pigs in Exuma, Bahamas and much more.

We cover all expanses related to the boat but share the food spending with our crew.

We're already 3 enlisted and would like a 4th one for the few crossings we will do (South Bahamas to Haiti 2 days, Haiti to Bonaire 3 days) and to share the fun.

PS. we have 2 cats on board so please don't be allergic.
Old 30-09-2016, 14:11   #2

Re: One more crew for Norfolk, VA to Aruba - Nov 16 - Jan 17

Too bad for me
Severly allergic to Cats w/4 legs
Fair Winds
Cheers
Neil
Old 02-10-2016, 14:29   #3

We have found our crew!
Thank you Cruisers & Sailing Foum

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caribbeanreiki View Post
We'll be sailing our 61' ketch through the ICW, Bahamas, Haiti, Bonaire, Curacao and Aruba, starting mid Nov. 16 to arrive on or about mid Jan. 17

We are right now 3 crew members, all with experience and more than 50 y/o. We also have 2 cats on board.

Program:

Nov. 15 - Dec. 1st: Sailing from Norfolk, VA down the ICW to FL

Early Dec. to mid January: Sailing leisurely through the Bahamas, then one stop in Ile a Vaches, Haiti, then Bonaire (1 week stop), Curacao and Aruba our final destination.

This is a pleasure cruise. We do not race, we do not sail if the weather is bad. We'll take our time to enjoy the swimming pigs in Exuma, Bahamas and much more.

We cover all expanses related to the boat but share the food spending with our crew.

We're already 3 enlisted and would like a 4th one for the few crossings we will do (South Bahamas to Haiti 2 days, Haiti to Bonaire 3 days) and to share the fun.

PS. we have 2 cats on board so please don't be allergic.
Old 10-10-2016, 14:07   #4

Have you filled out your crew yet? I'm free during this time and would love to join. In SF/Bay Area now, but traveling lightly and ready to go.
Old 10-10-2016, 14:21   #5

Please check our note of information right above your question.
We have our crew.

Quote:
Originally Posted by wrldsrfr View Post
Have you filled out your crew yet? I'm free during this time and would love to join. In SF/Bay Area now, but traveling lightly and ready to go.
Old 12-10-2016, 18:21   #6

Boat: Looking for one.

I am new to this site today. You can see my intro in "Meet and Greet" part of the forum. I would like to join you. I can play music quite well. I am small and can fit anywhere, including being hoisted to the top of the mast if needed. I am very restful.
Jan Marie

Oh, sorry, I see there are more posts here available to me now! Have a nice trip.
Old 14-10-2016, 23:24   #7

Hi,
I'm Lori. 50+ but don't tell. I'm from Tampa but in Roatan, Honduras now.Back in Tampa October 22nd.
Learned to sail on a DeFour 27, circumnavigated on a CSY 44.
Was looking for a paying job, but maybe spending time doing what I love is more important. Anyway, I am experienced in boat handling and more importantly, being a positive, easy going crew member.
Lori

Tags
Aruba, crew