Cruisers Forum

Go Back   Cruisers & Sailing Forums > Cruising Business & Commerce > Crew Positions: Wanted & Available > Crew Archives
Cruiser Wiki Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 11-05-2014, 00:22   #1

Offshore route - SF to Seattle - Early August '14

I'm looking for an experienced non-paid crew member (or two) to help sail my new Jeanneau 409 from SF to Seattle leaving SF the first week of August (will flex given conditions) I'm planning to take the offshore (LONG) route. Basically a big clockwise hook out as far as 42N 142W depending on where the Eastern Pacific High is and how it's behaving. I want to sail the vast majority of the way. As such the trip could take 16 to 18 days total but might be as few as 12 if lucky! This will NOT be an easy trip! Sailing north up the coast to the PNW is an upwind/up current climb and should not be taken lightly. You should only consider this trip if you're REALLY into a hard core blue water adventure. You'll also need your own personal gear. I have all the modern safety equip for the boat including EPIRB, life raft, sat phone, etc. etc.

While this is a serious trip with lots of wind and water, I am willing and planning to sacrifice time in order to point more comfortably off the wind. As such, anyone joining will need to have the flexibility to take the full 16-18 days to get to Seattle.

I'm not sure who'll be up for this trip based on what I've share above but if you're game for a wet and wild and possibly scary at times adventure, drop me a line and let's talk. daniel jay mccoy (all one word) at gmail dot com.

Dan

Tags
offshore, route, seattle