Cruisers Forum

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 14-12-2013, 18:22   #1

Boat: Amel Super Maramu 2000
NZ to Tahiti 2014

2014 NZ to Tahiti
Looking for experienced blue water crew for passage NZ to Tahiti in May next year.
Boat is 2004 Amel Super Maramu 2000 with everything. I have one crew member but I would like the total team to be 4.
Recreational only, no pay..sense of humour, broadminded, essential
NO alcoholics, NO religious fanatics, NO drugs, NO smokers.

Also on Find-A-Crew 119339

See our websites S.V. Elyse - Home and older one www.voyagesofdiva.com for an idea of what we're about.

Cheers
Alan
Old 17-12-2013, 22:38   #2

Re: NZ to Tahiti 2014

Hello Alan,

I'd like to join you on your trip to Tahiti.

I'm a retired New Zealand man, 54, based in Waiheke Island (non-smoker, non-religious, non-alkie or druggie).

I'm fairly new to sailing, having done the RYA beginner's course and crewed several times for the Waitemata races, but I'll be sailing up from Bluff to Auckland in April, so will have picked up a few miles by May. I'm a reasonable cook, speak French, and have been to Tahiti and the Society group a couple of times.

Cheers,
John
Old 21-12-2013, 19:37   #3

Hi Allan,

I am interested in joining you to Tahiti. I have plenty of sailing experience (mostly extended coastal but a reasonable amount offshore) and am open, friendly and easy to get on with.
I see you are in Opua, I have just finished crewing on a yacht there and will be around the bay for a few more weeks if you would like to meet up.

Look forward to hearing from you,

Cheers,

Tom
Old 28-12-2013, 01:19   #4

Hi Tom,
Sorry for the delay...I've been in Hobart
I'm not actually in Opua...the boat is...I'm in NSW, Australia.
I will be in Opua from Jan 16 to 18 as I have to move the boat.....but o'wise, not back until February.
Can you tell me more about your offshore experience?
AND more about you the person....
Tahiti is a long trip...2500 nm, and not generally easy.
If you have a non-EU passport you would have to pay the bond on arrival or have an air ticket out.
Cheers
Alan
Old 06-01-2014, 17:20   #5

Hi Alan,

Cheers for the response. I've also been at sea for the past week or so, hence the late reply.

I've now had another commitment materialize for May, so I won't be available to crew. Goodluck finding someone. Happy sailing.

Tom
Old 08-01-2014, 16:18   #6

Hello Alan,

My girlfriend and I are experienced small passenger vessel crew and looking to broaden our sailing experience. She's 25 and has worked as stewardess and esthetician on several different vessels. I'm 29 and have worked as a deckhand and engineer on several different vessels. Not that it matters for this but we're both licensed and have all the certs you'd expect from a commercial vessel crew member. We've both have offshore experience.

I'm not sure if we're exactly what you had in mind, but this opportunity is exactly the kind of trip we've been trying to get involved in. if you'd consider having an openminded, hard working american couple then I'm sure you'd be pleased with what we can contribute to your journey.

Good Sailing,

Peter
Old 14-02-2014, 02:54   #7

Boat: Tayana 48DS

Hi Alan,

Have you found your crew yet? Can do May and early June. I own a boat in Manly Brisbane (Tayana 48DS) and about to head north, but the idea of heading to Tahiti (eventually) very much appeals to me. I am ex-RAN, so have lots of eperience of open ocean stuff, but not too much on a yacht except for coastal passages. I can provide more details if interested.

Cheers
Mark
Old 18-02-2014, 12:52   #8

Hello Mark,

Open sea on a yacht is quite different to a RAN ship !

Its 2600 miles approx. from NZ to Tahiti...what I'm looking for is yacht sailors who have that kind of experience.

Other issue is if non-EU passport you need to pay a bond in Tahiti equivalent to an air ticket home...you get it back when you actually leave.

Cheers
Alan
Old 19-02-2014, 02:36   #9

Hello Alan,
Your upcoming trip sounds interesting and your boat looks nice. What kind of itinerary are you planning for the trip to Tahiti? I have had a pretty good amount of offshore experience over the last 30 years. My most recent longer passage was San Diego to the Marquesas aboard a 48 foot Hallberg Rassy, followed by another leg from Bora Bora to Rarotonga. I've also done the TransPac Race aboard a Baltic 38 as well as quite a lot of offshore racing from California to various ports in Mexico. I raced aboard a maxi yacht in the Caribbean as well. I was recently a navigator on a seismic vessel working offshore in South and Central America and the North Sea. I can send you a more detailed resume if you are still looking for crew and the itinerary could work out for me. I'm 51 and living on the coast of Oregon in the USA. Let me know if you are interested and need a crew member that has always gotten along with the various captains and crew aboard many vessels. Thanks for your consideration and I hope to hear from you soon!

Thanks,
Mark Jones
markjonesatsea@yahoo.com
Old 19-02-2014, 23:26   #10

Dear Alan,

I am Eddie, I'm a structural engineer from England who was fortunate enough to be able to help in the Christchurch recovery. I have had a wonderful time in New Zealand over the past year and a half, but now it is time for me to head toward home. The adventure is fortunately not over yet for me yet however as I have decided to make my way home by land and sea only. Your voyage to Tahiti would make the perfect first hop on my way to South America and beyond.

I am 25 and my sailing experience is perhaps not what you require, but I was so excited to see your photos and the nature in which you travel I thought I would have to write on the off chance you may be willing to accept me as a crew member.

I have sailed dingys for years and have gone offshore on a few ventures with similar sized boats out of christchurch and back in england. I also have some sailing trips planned through this website between now and May to get my experience up (Auckland - Bay of Islands etc).

No doubt there will be applicants with lots more experience but I write in hope, and give you my word that I am smart, a very quick learner, very energetic, open minded and accepting of all. I am a happy and positive spirit and, if it's anything to you I am a musician so could provide entertainment with an instrument of your choice (or not as you prefer!) haha.

Good to read your blog.
If I don't hear back have a wonderful trip.

Fond Regards
Eddie
eddchambers@hotmail.com
Old 22-02-2014, 01:13   #11

Boat: no vessel

Hi There I'm Joe I'm a deeply religious 'Joeist' don't smoke only drink on land . As for drugs I'm on regular Thyroxine, Statins, and ramipril. I drink tea by the gallon, Snore and fart a lot. I'm non violent and have no issues. I can cook, sing sea shanties and other type of songs. I write poetry sometimes. I'm a retired iron fighter 6ft tall and quite a lump. Very little experience only sailing around Swansea Bay in Wales. I'm in the Brisbane area in July 2014 but will travel for pick up anywhere in Oz. My Joeism only extends to ME others can adopt the religion as they please. Drop me a line if interested I'll post a photo asap. Joe

Tags
tahiti