Cruisers Forum

Go Back   Cruisers & Sailing Forums > Cruising Business & Commerce > Crew Positions: Wanted & Available > Crew Archives
Cruiser Wiki Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 27-10-2012, 05:18   #1

Boat: 1990 Ericson 32-200
Send a message via Skype™ to DennisM
NY to Maine and Back, 6/15/13-7/15/13 (approx)

Maybe it is a tad too early to post this, but I thought it wouldn't hurt, since a month-long cruise can require some advance planning.

Here's the deal: I'll be departing Haverstraw, NY, about mid-June 2013, cruising the coast of Long Island and CT, stopping in places like Newport, Block Island, Provincetown, etc. and hoping to make it as far north as Castine, Maine.

The plan is to spend 3 or 4 days there and then turn around and come back. I'll be coastal cruising all the way, with only occasional runs over open water. I will try to limit each day's sailing to 5 - 8 hours, stopping each night at an anchorage, mooring, and sometimes a slip (if inexpensive), because my dog needs to go ashore.

If you're interested, I'd like to meet you first and do some sailing with you here in NY before we decide to spend about 30 days together in close quarters. (Who knows, you might think I'm insufferable after only five minutes in my company.) You don't have to be an experienced sailor, just interested and capable.

Oh, and my wife says to add, "No single ladies, please." Apparently, my boat is the only mistress I'm allowed to have.

If interested, please send me a private message through this forum or you can email me at jbandd-at-yahoo-dotcom.
Old 28-10-2012, 05:35   #2

Boat: 1990 Ericson 32-200
Send a message via Skype™ to DennisM
Re: NY to Maine and Back, 6/15/13-7/15/13 (approx)

LOL! Looks like I'm going solo again next year.

Tags
maine